Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-22-2007, 2:43 PM Reply   
I have had alot of time behind the boat on a wakeboard. I just recently got a wake boat with a tower, ballast, etc. So I have just begun to start learning tricks. I am looking at the new 2008 CWB Marius 140. I am 6'2" 170 lbs, and like alot of pop with soft landings and like to ride fairly tight. Would this be the right board? If not what would you recommend? Thanks for the help fellas!!
Old     (biglap)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-22-2007, 2:56 PM Reply   
I never tried the Marius but I'm sure that is an awesome board!!! The landing suppose to be softer than LF Shane (my board) who's unbelievably smooth, so... just look for some reviews on wakeworld.com or other website... could help!!!
Old     (oaboards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-22-2007, 2:58 PM Reply   
Dude the 08 marius will be the best board you ever ride. The first time i did a wake jump on the marius i started rotating a upside down because i was not ready for the pop. The double center spin will give you a ton of pop plus really soft landings. I think the best board will be the marius
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       08-23-2007, 7:45 PM Reply   
Great board but still pretty slow. I rode my watson (which is slow also) right after the 08 Marius and it was like I had been trying to tow something with the new Marius.
Old     (merge360)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-24-2007, 6:07 AM Reply   
CWB got a fan for life as far as I'm concerned.... Last week I ordered a 07' CWB Marius (134) from Wakeside and just got a chance to ride it 2 days ago.... I've been on an LF Substance 138 for a little over a year so I didn't know what to expect. The pop is MASSIVE! Couldn't believe it.... Wide is the way to go! There's a reason there are so many great reviews about the Marius.... It's because it's all true! It is slower than my Substance, but the pop alone makes up for the speed loss. I'll never ride anything else but CWB. You won't be dissappointed if you go with the Marius!
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-24-2007, 12:24 PM Reply   
So what is a fast, tight, big pop, light, smooth landing board?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-24-2007, 12:33 PM Reply   
3DS
Old     (ynot)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-24-2007, 5:57 PM Reply   
the CWB Marius is a fast board. Most the time people dont think its fast because they try riding it without fins and dont have the proper edge control. The only people that i have met that like the 3DS more then the Marius cant edge very well and only like/think its faster because it has 4 fairly big fins. Granted the 3DS is a good board but thats the only reason why it seems faster.
But to each their own.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-24-2007, 8:02 PM Reply   
Friend of mine has said he thought my 07 Marius was the fastest board in the c-dub lineup...taking off the fins helped to speed the board up.
Old     (jixxxer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-25-2007, 4:15 AM Reply   
Id like to hear more about the marius if anyone else can chime in.
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-25-2007, 9:35 AM Reply   
I got my 08 Marius like 2 weeks ago and I absolutely love it. Great pop, soft landings, and faster.

The things I noticed different between the 07 and 08 were that the 08 was a little more loose than the 07 for surface tricks but still rails when on edge. When everyone says the Marius is slow most people means it slow going from edge to edge since it's such a wide board but for 08 this was improved. The speed generated once on edge is about the same getting from edge to edge is quicker making the board more responsive sooner.

I hope this all makes since. Don't take my word on it though demo it and check it out.
Old     (steve_cahail)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-25-2007, 9:08 PM Reply   
I would definitely recommend checking out the 08 Marius. I recently started riding one and I love it. In my opinion, the 08 tracks better finless and is a smoother ride than the 07.
Old     (bassmanjoshis)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-25-2007, 10:54 PM Reply   
I've been through quite a few boards now and the marius is now my absolute fav! I have the 2006 140, but absolutely love it. I have such smooth pop and the landings are so soft! I've come through a HL State and a HL 3DS, both fun boards but nothing like this. I'm a bigger guy too (6 ft 230 lbs) and it's nice to be able to ride a board that doesn't 'feel' big. go for it...i don't think you'll be disappointed!