Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bwake)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-13-2011, 3:41 PM Reply   
Hi,

Just wanting to know whether anyone has riden the new 2012 gear. I heard they have made some adjustments to the bindings so there are no longer any pressure points on the toe.

The new marek boot looks awesome as well. Wasnt much of a fan of the orange.

Would be keen to hear what other people who had riden it think?
Old     (cccbuilders)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-13-2011, 6:35 PM Reply   
love em! boots are more comfy and bindings are a little different set up that allows a few more adjustments at the straps to accommodate boot size. check it......
Attached Images

Old     (michaelspsp)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-14-2011, 5:23 AM Reply   
very nice. how is the boot fit? im size 10.5 and figure i need to get an 11 unless they run big.
Old     (Dmcastino)      Join Date: Sep 2010       10-14-2011, 6:01 AM Reply   
I'm not sure about the 2012 boots, but the 2011 boots definitely ran small. I'm usually a size 11 and I seem to be more comfortable riding the size 12/13 System boots
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-14-2011, 8:32 AM Reply   
It depends on which boots you want. They all fit differently. I wear a 10 1/2 and the 11 Kobalts fit me great, but the Mareks and Murrays did not. I had to go up a size and the width fit but they were too long heel to toe. Go to a shop and try them all on the find the best fit for you.
Old     (rmotoxxx711)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-14-2011, 8:45 AM Reply   
Yea Hyperlite has made the back to stay locked in placed, a better improved toe strap and they jus look better haha. My 2012' stuff is noticeably more comfortable
Old     (cccbuilders)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-14-2011, 12:42 PM Reply   
boot size runs small.... add a shoe size for boot is what i suggest , go try em on at your local dealer, if possible.
Old     (michaelspsp)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-14-2011, 12:55 PM Reply   
hmmm. Thanks! might have to go to Performance in Orlando in the spring. ... bummer. ; ) . they are predicting a cold a snowy winter here in NY/NJ area...
Old     (cccbuilders)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-14-2011, 7:29 PM Reply   
so sorry spsp..... shredded today in water that is 80
Old     (bwake)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-17-2011, 8:45 PM Reply   
My new setup arrived today.

First thoughts is that the bindings still are pretty flimsy (compared to my ride snow bindings) and im not too sure about the design for the additional plastic strap once the binding is tightened. As you can see in the picture above, once the binding is tightened the plastic strap is meant to tuck into part of the binding. In one picture it is doing it, the other its not. The angles just make this hard, and i think its going to be a nightmare when in the water or on the platform to try and tuck it in. That said its a pretty minor point. The only other thing id say is that i wish the ratchets were metal. I can definitley see them skipping out on a hard fall, and even trying to get the boot super tight results in them skipping.

Anyway the boot. The boa system works perfectly and is super easy to release. I've never had a boa system before on a boot and was keen to try them out. So far i think they are definitley the way to go in the future. If the top of the boot had a boa it would be even better. The boot look really good and i think with a big of wear will be super comfy. The tightness of the boot is miles above my old CWB setup. We dont have a system where i live to heat mould the boot but i might go and try get it done as i think this would be a huge advantage.

Im a size 10.5 and a size 11 boot fits well.

Havent riden them yet as its still pretty cold here, but will post up my thoughts once i have. So far i think they are pretty sweet and think they will ride really well compared to my old bindings. Better still my feet wont come half out and tear my ankle ligaments, so i might get to ride more than twice this season.

Last edited by bwake; 10-17-2011 at 8:47 PM. Reason: edit