Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-22-2009, 11:12 AM Reply   
I currently ride an 05 Hyperlite Era with Watson OTs and thinkng about getting an 08 Watson board. Wondering if anyone can tell me what the difference will be in ride and feel between the 2 boards.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       06-22-2009, 11:33 AM Reply   
IVE GOT AN 08 ERA FOR 150 SHIPPED TO YOUR DOOR.....WITH BOOTS FOR AN ADDITIONAL 150 IF YOURE INTERESETED.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-22-2009, 12:18 PM Reply   
I love my 07 watson it is poppy but not too slow - the large center spine helps break landings and set your edge too. It has been LF's best selling board for years.
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-22-2009, 2:05 PM Reply   
Mike K,
I got a brand new/never ridden 08 Watson 142 that ill sell to you. I ride a different board so im selling the watson. Again, its brand new and never ridden. Ill sell it to you for 200. Let me know if you want it man. There is nothing wrong with it!

Codi
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-22-2009, 2:53 PM Reply   
Codi if not I have a friend who has been looking for the08 Watson also.
Old     (okcwakebrdr)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-22-2009, 3:01 PM Reply   
The ERA is a faster board, i used to have that same board. It wont pop as much as the watson. The watson will give you a more vertical pop. The era will launch you long and out in the flats. You will feel the pop of the watson much more than the ERA. Just depends on what feel and style board you like. There both good.
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-22-2009, 3:28 PM Reply   
Thanks Steve, exactly what I was looking for. Might just stick with the era.
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       06-24-2009, 7:54 PM Reply   
Mike, I don't know anything about the Watson but I think you already have a great board in your Era. I have two era boards, one is a 147 and the other a 142 both are 07 models. For me, the Era is just a great all around board, I wouldn't trade mine for anything. It does not have the greatest pop but the pop is still good. Finless it has an easy release and the landings are not harsh. I have tried alot of different boards. I would ride them all for awhile but I always find myself coming back to "Old Reliable". The only real drawback is probably its weight as it is a little heavier than some of the other boards I have tried but this is probably what helps to make it so durable and the little bit of extra heft has not been a problem for me. IMHO the Era is one of the best all around boards ever made.