Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wake_dad_sc)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-23-2010, 3:02 PM Reply   
Congrats to the folks who put on this year's PWT (it use to be World Pub but i think there was a change in ownership but the people are the same for the most part).

The ops group has always run a very tight ship as far as pulling of a tournament. This year the marketing dept. has stepped it up. They did a great job in getting a crowd out there and making the entertainment value high. It was the most crowded event I have been to. It was packed. I think everyone loves the Saturday format and the extra events at the end. It seemed like a pro event for sure. Again- great job guys.
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-23-2010, 3:12 PM Reply   
they counted over 300 boats tied up on the bouy line. each boat probably had 5-10 people so i would say at least 3000 people just sitting on the boats and the beach and park was engulfed in people. it was great.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-23-2010, 7:10 PM Reply   
DirtyCracker you are correct. We were one of the boats tied up to a string of others with a few house boats in the mix. It was a great time and yes, lots of eye candy hopping from boat to boat. Everyone was really cool and always troughing drinks at you if you were empty. I know my crew got tanked pretty hard that tops started coming off. Good times for sure!
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       05-24-2010, 4:31 AM Reply   
good stuff. i enjoied it this weekend
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-24-2010, 10:57 AM Reply   
Tons of people, a SW K5 and a 1080 made for an epic weekend no doubt.

Thought you could really see Harley dial it in after his fall. Kid usually looks like he's chillin hard during his pass but he knew Rusty had already laid it down and he turned it on at the end. Great contest.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       05-24-2010, 11:45 AM Reply   
Who hit the 1080? Harley?
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-24-2010, 11:49 AM Reply   
Rusty hit the 10 in the double up contest after the finals
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-24-2010, 11:56 AM Reply   
Great event. Here are a few pics of the crowd, etc.
Attached Images

Old     (dguille)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-24-2010, 2:54 PM Reply   
PWT in Acworth this year was unreal! We had so much fun. Below are a few pictures from our boat. Zane was driving Parks, Dean Smith, Bob Soven & a film crew from Fuel around and next thing we know Bob is shotgunning beers on our boat and having a dance off and then Parks swims over and is taking pictures with everyone on our boat. They hung with our group for a good 25 minutes. Should be interesting to see if they can show anything on Fuel because it got a little R rated with Bob and some of the ladies. More pictures to post real soon. Best PWT event I have ever seen.
Attached Images