Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (SDEndurance)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-26-2012, 2:08 PM Reply   
Hey Everyone,

I'm looking for used or new wakeboard/watersports equipment that can be donated to charity.

I'm a type 1 diabetic and have been since I was 14. It is not the type of diabetes you hear of on the news which is caused by diet and obesity. It is an autoimmune disease caused the same way as MS, Lupus, and Celiac Disease....and many more.

Anyway, in October I will be biking 90 miles through Death Valley to raise money for a cure for type 1 diabetes (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation). This will be my 3rd ride in 5 years. I have raised over $20,000 in previous rides. One of the ways I am planning to raise money is by holding a silent auction/dinner in early August. I saw a post someone else posted about an auction for his Fiance and Childrens Miracle Network. It gave me the idea of putting together a wakeboard/watersports basket to auction off. I wanted to see if anyone would have anything they would be willing to donate to this. Living in So Cal where we have endless summer I think it will do very well.

If anyone has anything new or used I would greatly appreciate it. Or, if anyone has any suggestions of what else I could use in the auction. I was thinking I could auction off a day on the lake so if anyone local would like to help or knows of someone who could help.

I will be glad to provide a recepit from the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation or a tax id number or whatever you would need. I can of course help arrange pick up or shipping if need be.

Here is a link to my fundraising page: http://www2.jdrf.org/goto/JennyDeathValley
and one to my blog about my ride: http://dvbikefordiabetes.blogspot.com/

Thanks so much!
Jenny Vandevelde
858 414 2160
jennenergy@gmail.com