Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Moose99)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-29-2012, 9:27 AM Reply   
Is the the lamest thing ever or just super funny? I cant really decide

http://www.sbcwakeboard.com/video_di...5370/Wake-Merk
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-29-2012, 12:24 PM Reply   
My vote is that this video clip to totally freegan awesome, but only because he wore the vest & trunks and carried the handle with him. We have talked about doing this with the Roam for years, just never got around to it.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-29-2012, 12:30 PM Reply   
The true genius of this clip is that it satirizes the wake and snowboard industries' pompous obsession with being "progressive." Nowadays, everyone with a camera claims to be "pushing the sport." They often invent contrived novelties that are just as gimmicky as riding down the mountain on a wakeboard with a dangling handle and present them in trailers and films that are just as overdramatic as this one in their desperate bids for 15-second fame and sponsorship.

These guys get it.

Last edited by TheHebrewHammer; 03-29-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-29-2012, 1:08 PM Reply   
I understand its a joke, but if I saw these guys at the mountain.. I'd think they were gay

and idiots because theres no way its warm enough for shorts and tees lol
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-29-2012, 1:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_vilfo View Post
I understand its a joke, but if I saw these guys at the mountain.. I'd think they were gay
Why?
Old     (jono)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-29-2012, 7:18 PM Reply   
Interesting how people use the word gay as a negative, hateful word. Check out this article written in the snowboard world....

http://bneeth.com/2012/03/26/bring-on-the-gay/

Last edited by jono; 03-29-2012 at 7:21 PM. Reason: wrong link
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-29-2012, 9:19 PM Reply   
it's interesting that in the article the author compares the culture of snowboarding and skating with the gay lifestyle. That they are similar because they are, or were once, looked at in a negative light. Homosexuality is a huge issue in our society for many reasons (religious, social stability, std's ...etc), snowboarding and skating share none of those concerns.

Back to the original thread.... I think the video is "having or showing a merry, lively mood". But it made me smile.
Old     (jeffM)      Join Date: Apr 2011       03-30-2012, 9:29 PM Reply   
All of the pros are doing this. What a good way to progress the sports as one and finally come together.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-31-2012, 8:27 AM Reply   
so if the pros do it.. it must be cool
Old     (Moose99)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-31-2012, 12:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffM View Post
All of the pros are doing this.
What? Every wake pro is out there on their wakeboard riding parks jumps and rail and powder in shorts, tees and a vest? I don't think so.
The really funny thing is if wakeboarders are actually trying to make fun of snowboarders. What kind of crazy universe would that be?