Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-02-2009, 6:34 PM Reply   
My friend is actually shopping for new sacks, wich ones would fit on the engine side lockers and wich one on the bow passage??

what are you running in yours?

Also how much weight have you ran before upgrading for a power prop?
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-02-2009, 7:33 PM Reply   
750's fit in the rear and the integrated bow sack fits up front. I ran an Oj475 with this setup but the OJ 468 works better.
Old     (spencerwakeside)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-02-2009, 9:19 PM Reply   
I agree with that sac setup. For props I say the OJ 475 or the Acme 1235. Lots of low end out of the hole power but you will lose some top end speed. That will be an awesome setup for wakesurfing as well.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-03-2009, 7:44 AM Reply   
Have that set up and didn't prop reprop at all. Only time you'll notice is if you fill everything and have quite a few people on board. When I have a bunch of people, I don't fill the ballast all the way. Most of the time I just fill the front bag and mid tank and the wake is fine for all. If you fill the rear bags, be prepared to move someone to the bow even with the sack up there. I didn't put mine below the seats, so I can fill it all the way, and it still needs some extra weight up there. Especially if you think you need to run with the wedge down!
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-04-2009, 5:24 PM Reply   
Sorry to ask, but wich 750s and how do you make them fit? do you pull out the hard tanks?
Old     (sacmule)      Join Date: May 2007       02-04-2009, 9:27 PM Reply   
I like the FlyHigh FatSacs Pro-X Series. They are very nice and have threaded connections with quick disconnect fittings. They work very well as portables and even better when plumbed into the boat. FlyHigh offers a lot of sizes and shapes to choose from; you cannot go wrong with these bags.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-04-2009, 9:43 PM Reply   
LEAD!!!!
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-05-2009, 6:11 AM Reply   
We use the FlyHigh Pro-X Series sacs too. They're far superior than all the others. In my boat, now sold, I had a 750 in each locker with the tanks removed. I had the stock 550 in the center and then two side sacs up front under the seats. I made plastic covers that fit between the sacs and the seat base, up front, to prevent the seats from pushing up. The wake was awesome.

In my buddies 'Bu, we left the tanks in and added a 750 on each side in back. Factory ballast in the center locker, a 750 in the walk thru and two 550's in the bow on the seats. The wake is ok....hee,hee.

Both rides need the power prop.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-05-2009, 7:54 AM Reply   
I use the FlyHigh Pro-X sacks too. I pulled my hard tanks. First one took about a hour to pull. second one took 10 minutes. :-)