Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-07-2007, 7:48 AM Reply   
So I work about 1/2 a mile from the river, I get off work at 4:30 so I have plenty of time to go out after work. My problem is during the week I have a heck of a time finding people to go out, yesterday I couldn't find anyone(and I don't make them pay gas money)! But then when the weekend comes I got 12 people that are wanting to go out. Does anyone else run into this problem? I guess none of my friends are real hardcore boarders but still! I only have a 1990 I/O, maybe if I buy a new wakeboat I'll get more people out during the week!haha
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-07-2007, 8:09 AM Reply   
Does anyone else ride in that spot during the week? I would try to hook up with another group.
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-07-2007, 8:24 AM Reply   
Not that I know of during the week....
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-07-2007, 9:10 AM Reply   
I feel your pain. It feels like I have to pull teeth to get a third.
Old     (wakemetoday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-07-2007, 9:14 AM Reply   
I met some of the best training partners I ever had at the local INT tournaments. Get involved with those and I guarantee you'll meet some serious riders that will ride with you.
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-07-2007, 9:26 AM Reply   
Snippy..I'm glad I'm not the only out there, but with me its like pulling teeth to find a 2nd let alone a third!haha
Ronnie..Yea your exactly rite but the last one that was around me I couldn't make it to, I cann't remember when the next one is but I'll be there! But do you think I'll still have a hard time since I have an I/O? I don't have a tower but I do have a 7' pylon....
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       06-07-2007, 9:53 AM Reply   
Anybody that wont ride with you because you have an I/O you probably dont want to ride with anyways.
Old     (singapore_sling)      Join Date: May 2007       06-07-2007, 11:34 AM Reply   
Does I/O mean inboard/outboard?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-07-2007, 11:39 AM Reply   
teach a few people (close friends) and get them stoked on riding. Then they'll always be ready to go.
Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-07-2007, 11:53 AM Reply   
Well, I don't know if I should admit this.........

Mommy dearest has been my on-call, emergency backup flag girl.....I only need to find one driver/boarder to be able to go, and.......I get bonus -"good to your mother"- points that i can probably cash in when she kicks the bucket, and the will is read

I have a harder time finding someone who can drive, AND get out mid week......
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-07-2007, 12:03 PM Reply   
Yea I get my friends to come out and do it on weekends but they mostly really suck! so they aren't real into it.
Old     (kylo_j)      Join Date: May 2007       06-07-2007, 2:21 PM Reply   
no one wants to ride cause there not hardcore wakeboarders. then when you do find some one they arn't the best drivers and drag you through the weeds or just can't keep the right speed without perfect pass. compitetions are good place to meet riders but if you post up on the board for thirds then things can happen
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       06-07-2007, 2:56 PM Reply   
No doubt I feel the pain too.

Unfortunately, I was able to find a way to make a living and have plenty of time to wakeboard pretty much when I want. However, my fellow riders got stuck with the 9-5 (on a good day), which really doesnt suite enough time after TRAFFIC to get a set in.
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-07-2007, 2:59 PM Reply   
I hate this thread (I mean that loosely) called 5 peeps to go out today (I dont have a boat) everyones busy. One of those days too where all i wanna do is ride and all you guys cant even find peeps to ride. Where do you live now. haha joke
Old     (denwbaseball)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-07-2007, 4:53 PM Reply   
I live in IL....just a short drive from the coast, I'll give you a pull whenever!haha
Old     (lfboarder94)      Join Date: May 2007       06-07-2007, 7:10 PM Reply   
Im a kid and im always trying to get my friends out during the week. Cant anyone miss a baseball practice. but once the weekend hits my cell phones ringing the whole day
Old     (cwbx993)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-07-2007, 7:18 PM Reply   
at least your friends will ride
my are wimps and wont even try
so im stuck wit my brother and cuzins
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-07-2007, 9:43 PM Reply   
"Cant anyone miss a baseball practice"

That was like a sin when I was in high school, I think I missed like 1 practice all 4 years due to bad illness.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-07-2007, 10:25 PM Reply   
yea you know you would think having a boat people would want to ride but man sometimes it is like pulling teeth