Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-21-2007, 9:51 PM Reply   
Ok in updog they show older footage from other videos of darin and about 20 seconds in he does a trick kinda like a whirly but way cooler looking. Its right when the music kicks into the chorus. anyone have any idea what im talkin about???
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-22-2007, 12:25 AM Reply   
I haven't seen the video but it might be his Iron Cross (I think thats what he called it). Does he come in wrapped? He used to do a wrapped Whirly/Moby Dick thing that was pretty cool. He also did the Crook, which is a whirly that is brought back from 360 to 180.
Old     (cbass)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-22-2007, 7:39 AM Reply   
Ya we watched that trick in slow mo about 10 times. He comes in wrapped and does a backroll with a backside rotation. We couldnt decide if it was a 3 or a 7. Gotta say it is a pretty sweet looking trick.
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-22-2007, 7:48 AM Reply   
I need to watch again, but a wrapped backroll with bs 3 is a KGB.
Old     (cbass)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-22-2007, 8:02 AM Reply   
ya it looks like a 7 though with no handle pass. Didnt know what to call it. Its a crazy trick no matter how you look at it. :-)
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-22-2007, 9:25 AM Reply   
It is an Iron Cross. It is basically a wrapped whiry. Classic shot!!!
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-22-2007, 12:23 PM Reply   
I second the Iron Cross he does it in Retrosect, but I was a little bumed by his section it had almost no new fotage. I would wont my last video segment to be just all out sick and with losts of new fotage. Go outr with a bang but, I know his back is all jacked up.
Old     (pogi)      Join Date: May 2006       05-22-2007, 2:57 PM Reply   
I have seen a few different clips of Darin and I think he was an incredible rider. I'm not an expert on all the different wakeboard tricks there are but I would guess I know around 70% of them. Having said that, it seems to me that Darrin was throwing tricks that I've never seen anyone else throw before. I'm sorry I can't give specific tricks, but does anyone have any idea how many other tricks there are, besides the speedball, that Darin could do and no one else can.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-22-2007, 4:01 PM Reply   
Orbitals