Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-13-2012, 7:30 AM Reply   
I lurk here more than I post, but saw the "New Supra" thread and references to Moomba, so thought I'd provide what insight I have. Yes, I own a Moomba and am a big fan of SC products. I've looked at all the brands, ridden in and behind most of them and there are things that I love and things I hate about them all. My dealer, Atlanta Marine, helped seal the deal for me on a SC product. They are the best in the Metro Atlanta area, IMO.

My first Moomba was an '08 Ooutback V. Great first inboard for a young family. My daughters learned to do it all behind that boat. We had an absolute blast with that boat, but as the family grew (we added a son & dog) and the girls got bigger and more frieds came out to the lakehouse and we gravitated to surfing, the Mojo fit the bill for our new ride. We have really enjoyed the Mojo.

As speculated in the other thread, the XLV has been discontinued and LSV has been redesigned. The Mojo has been a big success for SC and many of the design elements from that boat are being transitioned into the LSV. Some specs that I have on the LSV are:

-finished floors w/ snap-in carpet
-standard GIII ballast that totals 1,800 lbs
-standard Digital Cruise Pro
-standard Surf+ platform
-deeper than current model

I was able to pry a pic outta the guys at the SC factory

Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-13-2012, 7:35 AM Reply   
man i cant wait!
(on my second LSV now)
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-13-2012, 7:47 AM Reply   
that verical panel above the (new) riders seat looks terrible.
btw were are the motor vents?
Old    TN22            07-13-2012, 8:05 AM Reply   
Looking forward to seeing this one, the LSV is such a good all around boat
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-13-2012, 8:05 AM Reply   
Looks like those are the vents in the panel behind the seat. I agree, panel looks like crap but kudos for the seat.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-13-2012, 8:10 AM Reply   
Can't wait to see it either....people LOVE their LSV's. And I really like the wake!
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-13-2012, 8:21 AM Reply   
na if you look close it looks like a vinyl sticker.
plus you cant see threw it, and metal strips that thin would bend instantly.
sure appears to be a vinyl sticker. and ugly one lol. and why does the panel not match the boat? why even have a bolt on panel with a sticker on it? somethings not adding up the more i think.

still i cant wait for the new LSV! now if i could just win the lottery to pay off the current LSV
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-13-2012, 8:21 AM Reply   
I think the LSV should either be pre-plumbed or have option for an integrated bow sac. The 3 LSV's I've ridden all ride very bow high and all owners usually added a bow sac of some sort to help firm up the wake (also helps with the bow rise). Plus more of the core Moomba owners are doing the integrated bow sac mod and/or say the center ballast is not enough.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-13-2012, 8:23 AM Reply   
id defiantly check that option box
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-13-2012, 8:33 AM Reply   
Pretty sure that is the motor vents and if it is cut out of thick enough plate there will not be a problem with it bending.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-13-2012, 8:41 AM Reply   
im gonna stick with my gut. also notice you cant see any thinkness to the holes. if it were 1/8" alumunim or something you would see the thickness of the metal in the large holes. you dont. ie like a sticker. also all the black is consistant. you dont see any components, shadows, highlights etc. behind/inside the "holes"

also one thing i just noticed that conferms the deeper hull. my '11 LSV the swiw platform is about 1.5" below the body line on the rear. in this picture it appears to be 4.5" below that line.
plus the rub rail is about 6" below the bottom of the sunpad. with the seat this one appears to be more like 8 or 10"
just those two account for about 6" added hull depth alone. interesting
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-13-2012, 9:17 AM Reply   
Sounds like the LSV has been Mojofied.

Last edited by ripr; 07-13-2012 at 9:17 AM. Reason: .
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-13-2012, 9:22 AM Reply   
Looking good. I think that plate is a thicker aluminum plate with motor vents.... Look at it this way.... Just another piece of your boat you could customize if you don't like it. Would be real easy to put whatever design you wanted right there. Actually might be cool to be able to do that.
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-13-2012, 9:47 AM Reply   
Word on the street is same running surface, new deeper deck design.....
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-13-2012, 9:54 AM Reply   
HMM. like i mentioned above, its definatly different below the rub rail line than my '11..... which would suggest a new deeper (lower) hull
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-13-2012, 11:49 AM Reply   
nice! I just bought my first moomba second SC boat. I am a big fan.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-14-2012, 6:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripr View Post
Sounds like the LSV has been Mojofied.
Very good observation.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-16-2012, 4:30 AM Reply   
Happy Monday!

Going to be a long week for some of you . . .

Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-16-2012, 4:47 AM Reply   
I like the idea of the seat but better make sure that thing stays wet or it'll burn your bum pretty fast haha. It's already been a long week since mine started yesterday.
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-16-2012, 6:45 AM Reply   
Come on Drew we know you can do better then that
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-16-2012, 7:45 AM Reply   
multi gauges i see, instead of all seperate gauges. that certainly cleans up the dash
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-16-2012, 8:39 AM Reply   
Looks like a blinged up Mojo dash....me likey!
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-16-2012, 7:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark197 View Post
Come on Drew we know you can do better then that
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-18-2012, 10:59 AM Reply   
How about another shot.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-18-2012, 11:18 AM Reply   
So will it be called the Mojo LSV? I see the MO on the right side.... Good marketing.... I think they call that principal of advertising closure??? Make us think what the rest of it says until we keep thinking about it....... Could be Moomba, but I doubt it since it is already on the side of the boat....
Looking good guys!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-18-2012, 11:29 AM Reply   
Diggs, intersting. I guess it coudl say moomba but why would it with the moomba domed sticker just forward of it. What is the current Mojo I wonder if this is Shane's boat. He told he was getting a mostly green with black accents. Could the LSV be replaced by a 21' or 21.5' mojo?
Old     (rickt)      Join Date: May 2002       07-18-2012, 11:38 AM Reply   
Diggs,

Could also just be Mobius LSV.
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-18-2012, 11:38 AM Reply   
Mobius maybe
Old    TN22            07-18-2012, 11:50 AM Reply   
Lookin good!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-18-2012, 11:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickt View Post
Diggs,

Could also just be Mobius LSV.
Duh

Rick, is that Shane's new boat?
Old     (rickt)      Join Date: May 2002       07-18-2012, 12:54 PM Reply   
Nope...Shane has a Mojo
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-18-2012, 1:45 PM Reply   
Was very happy with my Moomba. Next boat will be new - would consider another one if the price points remain compettive with others in the range.

Thanks for all you do Rick - happy SC customer.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-18-2012, 1:58 PM Reply   
hmmmmm I am dumber than I look.... That was too easy.....
Old     (gcombe)      Join Date: May 2007       07-18-2012, 2:09 PM Reply   
how freaking awesome is this you have rick tinker here pullin your chain.. I love it. loved my moomba LSV's hahaah
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-20-2012, 12:01 PM Reply   
mine says mobius LSV back there

wow look at all the extra height above the rub rail. the whole industry is going deeper. looks like SC is right there with them.
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-20-2012, 12:52 PM Reply   
Yeah Corey following your line it looks like they added 4-5" of freeboard.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-21-2012, 10:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark197 View Post
Yeah Corey following your line it looks like they added 4-5" of freeboard.
Keep going! It's just a bit more than that.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-24-2012, 7:32 AM Reply   
Is this being released today?
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-24-2012, 7:37 AM Reply   
It's up on the Moomba board and it looks incredible! They knocked it out of the park with this boat.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-24-2012, 7:42 AM Reply   
Got to crawl around in one yesterday and was impressed. IMO, they "mojo-ized" the boat and added some great features. Increased freeboard, center hard tank, larger stock bags in the rear, snap carpet, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-24-2012, 7:43 AM Reply   

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-24-2012, 7:59 AM Reply   
Looks nice!!
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-24-2012, 8:05 AM Reply   
Drew that thing looks great. I am stoked to see what the new LSV is capable of. I am glad the fit and finish is starting to match the price. With that said the price is probably going up.

Spencer
EasyBoatCare.com
Old     (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       07-24-2012, 8:20 AM Reply   
Very nice... Always liked the LSV. I wonder if it will handle chop better than the previous version.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-24-2012, 8:27 AM Reply   
Is the wet surface of the hull un-changed? The older LSV prodcues a nice clean wake. It's not the biggest but it has a nice kick and is pretty narrow.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-24-2012, 8:34 AM Reply   
I have never heard anyone say the LSV wake was narrow before....
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-24-2012, 8:35 AM Reply   
man that looks amazing. i wonder how fast i can get my '11 paid off lol.
this is a huge step for moomba. i hope moomba will finally be considered cool by the wake community.
they really need to do more web videos for advertising like axis does.

that boat all black with the new black raised letters would look insane with those lines

i spy swivel racks, in floor cooler, and a totaly new cushion layout. looking like the movable bench is gone? that was great for filming/photography.

Last edited by stang_killa_ss; 07-24-2012 at 8:37 AM.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-24-2012, 8:36 AM Reply   
That looks really nice. I really like the nose on it - it almost looks like a runabout IO.

Very cool looking rig - wish they would do full seat bases though.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-24-2012, 8:42 AM Reply   
Boat looks great. Especially the simple and very roomy interior. Nice work Moomba. I would be interested if they kept the same wetted surface as well or went to a hull like the SA has.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-24-2012, 8:45 AM Reply   
Hi Jon, having rode MC's, Bu's and quite a few Moombas (Mojo, LSV, XLV) I would definitley say that the Moomba's have one of the narrowest wakes out there. Very easy to clear. In some ways I prefer it.

I just did some set's with Kyle Ratray (Best time ever BTW) behind a 2011 LSV and pretty much every trick was into the flats. I loved it.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-24-2012, 9:02 AM Reply   
Wet surface remains relatively unchanged as does price point including standard options. For 2013 standard includes the Digital Cruise Pro, upgraded ballast, snap carpet and dual axle trailer.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-24-2012, 9:06 AM Reply   
Awesome new swivel racks.

No built in cooler, tho. You get a sweet soft side cooler which lets you throw it where you want and sneek some ballast under the rear seats.

Its open under the rear bench. Didnt like this at first on the Mojo, but its a great place to throw flip flops, jackets, etc.

Oh, and I have some cool vids. Just didnt have time to upload yet.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-24-2012, 9:36 AM Reply   
o i see know. thats just a break in hte carpet behind the drivers seat, not a hatch(cooler) would have been better to make that break/seam point outwards (towards throttle lever) to hide the seam. then again im not a fan of snap out carpet. i love the solid carpet in the '11. main reason i went with it over the axis. so much more plush looking.

also drew can you clerify the panel over the new riders seat? it looks bolted on. what is it made of? are those engine vents? better picture of it?

huge thanks for all your pics and info!!!
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-24-2012, 10:31 AM Reply   
Gotta have seams where they are to wrap around drivers seat. There are actually 2 pieces of carpet in the boat. The large one covers nearly the entire floor, the smaller around drivers seat & foot well area.

If you want plush, upgrade to the Moomba logo carpet. I have it in my Mojo and get tons of compliments on it.

The vents on the transom are cut into a brushed aluminum plate. Its not a sticker as someone previously guessed. Its probably 1/8" in or better thick. I pushed hard on it and could not get the metal to flex.

Ask, and ye may receive.

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-24-2012, 10:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfe_drew View Post
Gotta have seams where they are to wrap around drivers seat. There are actually 2 pieces of carpet in the boat. The large one covers nearly the entire floor, the smaller around drivers seat & foot well area.

If you want plush, upgrade to the Moomba logo carpet. I have it in my Mojo and get tons of compliments on it.

The vents on the transom are cut into a brushed aluminum plate. Its not a sticker as someone previously guessed. Its probably 1/8" in or better thick. I pushed hard on it and could not get the metal to flex.

Ask, and ye may receive.

The sunpad/transom seat on this boat is my ideal setup. The cushions butt right up against the back seat, the cushions go all the way to the transom, the sunpad is big enough for 2 or 3 people to lay out on, the seat is small enough to not take up a ton of room or make the sunpad way smaller but big enough for someone to sit there and get their board ready. The only other thing I might like to see is a walkthrough/walkover. Not the type like on the newer supra's but something like the X45 has or a shallower version of the G23 walkthrough that has a cushion that covers up the walkthrough so you can have one big pad when you want and a walkthrough when you want that.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-24-2012, 10:50 AM Reply   
Levi, maybe it is just my '07 LSV then, but every BU, Tige and Nautique I have been behind have had narrower wakes and there are threads on here solely about how wide the LSV wake is... don't really care either way, just never heard anyone say that the LSV wake is narrow before. What line length and speed are you referencing?
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-24-2012, 11:03 AM Reply   
That is very interesting Jon. I have always found the Moomba wakes actually narrower then the other brands. I was riding 75ft at about 23mph. It was a lot narrower then my 2012 X-30 and one of the guys on the boat had a 2012 A22 and said his was wider as well. I owned an XLV for 4 years and 400 hours and now ride a Mojo on a regular basis and found them all to be similar. Steep and narrowish. 07 should have the same hull as a 2012 too I believe.

I think the LSV is a great learning wake. Fun, clean and a nice lip. Perfect for families. I do prefer the Mojo though, I found it to be bigger with more pop.

I always thought people found the Bu/MC wake to be wider then the Supra/moomba wakes. I should do some more reading and maybe find more nice boats to ride behind to compare too
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-24-2012, 11:27 AM Reply   
Interesting, I am curious now. Since I dont have much expereince with MC wakes i cant compare there. I'll have to get out and ask around and try some more different wakes and see what i can find out.... Thanks for the info/thoughts.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-24-2012, 11:28 AM Reply   
Do Moomba's have the same wakeplate setup as the Supra's where the plate automatically drops when idling and raises to it's set position once up on plane?
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-24-2012, 11:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Do Moomba's have the same wakeplate setup as the Supra's where the plate automatically drops when idling and raises to it's set position once up on plane?
It is not integrated on the Moomba's like the Supra's.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-24-2012, 11:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang_killa_ss View Post
they really need to do more web videos for advertising like axis does.
gotta love free wi-fi @ Starbucks when you're traveling for work.

Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-24-2012, 11:45 AM Reply   
thanks for the pics wolfe! i must say that screw on alumimum plate is kinda wack. very after-thoughty. it should be matching fiberglass like the sides of the rider seat. then just use the same round chrome vents that the current LSV uses. would look way better and thought out. that plate looks like something you would see on a 1980s ski boat.....

also you mentioned 1800 lbs stock ballast.
up from 1200 previously. where is the extra 400 lbs?
IBS? larger rear sacks?

Last edited by stang_killa_ss; 07-24-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-24-2012, 11:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang_killa_ss View Post
thanks for the pics wolfe! i must say that screw on alumimum plate is kinda wack.

also you mentioned 1800 lbs stock ballast.
up from 1200 previously. where is the extra 400 lbs?
IBS? larger rear sacks?
I think you have to have something back there a bit more durable than the plastic vents. That location is going to take a lot of abuse when used as a seat for gearing up. So, I'd say it was probably more thought out than not.

Yes, larger rear sacs and I believe the center tank is larger than the bag that used to be in the locker.
Old     (JohnAr)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-24-2012, 12:17 PM Reply   
The talk on the Moomba forums is that the LSV wake is fairly narrow, and not very weight or speed sensitive. Speaking only for myself, the XLV wake is wide, tall, and very weight sensitive at slow speeds. At higher speeds (22-24) it's pretty clean and rampy.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-24-2012, 12:31 PM Reply   
Of the 23 ft boats out there, the wake on the XLV is not wide. Even wakeboard magazine calls it "narrow". Moving from a Moomba to a MC I can say that the XLV was narrow. I kinda miss it, very easy to hit the flats.

Line length has a lot to do with it too.
Old     (JohnAr)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-24-2012, 12:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
Line length has a lot to do with it too.
Fair point. At 70-80ft, it seems frickin' wide to me What were you guys riding at?
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-24-2012, 1:29 PM Reply   
i did a quick photoshop to see what it would look like murdered out

Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-24-2012, 1:40 PM Reply   
Damn Cory that looks amazing.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-24-2012, 2:08 PM Reply   
Me likey the black....
Old     (WaterBullDawg)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-24-2012, 3:33 PM Reply   
That is nasty! Love the all black look.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-24-2012, 3:37 PM Reply   
Love it! But that is literally going to be one HOT boat in TX.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-24-2012, 4:40 PM Reply   
Oh, uh Corey. Found out Moomba won't get the black decals this yr.
Old    rullery            07-26-2012, 6:35 AM Reply   
What about the black gelcoat? I don't think you need decals if you can get the black gelcoat, right?
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-26-2012, 6:52 AM Reply   
I like it with the chrome lettering and stainless rub rail. It classes it up a bit. Some stainless docking lights and mirror that would be amazing!

I don't know why there is not a lot more hype about this boat. Everyone was looking for a reasonable boat, that throws a good wake while staying functional. I think the boys at SC knocked it out of the park. I'm hoping to have one in my driveway sometime soon.

Last edited by mark197; 07-26-2012 at 7:01 AM.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-26-2012, 7:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAr View Post
The talk on the Moomba forums is that the LSV wake is fairly narrow, and not very weight or speed sensitive. Speaking only for myself, the XLV wake is wide, tall, and very weight sensitive at slow speeds. At higher speeds (22-24) it's pretty clean and rampy.
Going from an XLV to an Axis A22 the XLV wake is narrow and the LSV wake is very narrow. My friends that own a 2011 MOOMBA LSV either have to take off length or charge the wake a little harder to not case the landing. I'll be beginner for life (compared to the riders on here) but the LSV wake is mellow, soft, and narrow IMO.
Old     (Diggertaker)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-26-2012, 8:38 AM Reply   
Is it hyper weight sensitive like every other mobius lsv is the real question. My old mobius wake was fine but if someone in the boat even thought about getting up & moving it would wash out one side.
Old     (patrick232)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-26-2012, 8:46 AM Reply   
Cory,

Can we see one in white?
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-26-2012, 9:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggertaker View Post
Is it hyper weight sensitive like every other mobius lsv is the real question. My old mobius wake was fine but if someone in the boat even thought about getting up & moving it would wash out one side.
what year was your old LSV?
Old     (Diggertaker)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-26-2012, 9:24 AM Reply   
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-27-2012, 7:44 AM Reply   
i wonder how much weight the new model will add.(fiberglass for added hull depth) the LSV has always been one of the lightest on the market.