Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (MNRIDER)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-20-2013, 9:57 AM Reply   
I think I may be losing my mind a little. I have read tons of forums on winterization and I think I have the most of it covered. The last thing I have to do is drain the v-drive. Everything tells me I should do it but nothing says exactly how. Where the hell is this water drain plug? I know that it may be right in front of me but any help you all have to offer would be much appreciated.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-20-2013, 10:39 AM Reply   
I don't know what V drive unit your boat has, but the walters v drives have dain plugs like shown in this link

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...on-and-V-Drive

Otherwise removing the inlet and outlet hoses should let out any residual. To be extra safe, you can always fill with rv antifreeze.

Every time I have pulled the water drain plugs on my rig nothing comes out.
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       10-20-2013, 11:02 AM Reply   
Theres a plug on the fwd port side about 4-5 inches down.. But you'll probably won't get it out... best thing is to pull the hoses off and fill it with antifreeze thru one of the hoses..
Old     (05sante)      Join Date: Jun 2011       10-21-2013, 5:02 AM Reply   
There are two drain plugs on the v-drive. One on the front facing the bow, port side and one diagonally opposite on the transom side, starboard. On my walters v-drive these plugs have a square head.

A lot of water drains out when I pull my plugs.
Old     (tx_foilhead)      Join Date: Apr 2009       10-21-2013, 8:54 AM Reply   
It's easiest to pull the hoses, you can pull them at the motor or at the vdrive. Most of the water is in the hoses, just a small space that runs across the top of the drive.