Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       11-08-2010, 12:40 PM Reply   
Does anyone know about Big Bump wake sacs from a company called Get High Wakesports? I am looking at a couple brand new 700lb ones, but can't find out much about them. Any help would be appreciated. Need to know what kind of fittings they would need if anyone knows that.
Thanks
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-08-2010, 1:05 PM Reply   
I have one and it fits on the seat for surfing perfectly. The one I have takes water bed (blue) fittings.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-08-2010, 1:14 PM Reply   
if they are still on the waterbed valve train i would avoid them. the new stuff out there, like what fly high uses, kicks a$$. so much nicer to use, dont have to fight with them and all. havent had a fitting pop off, waterbed suckers popped off all the time.
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       11-08-2010, 1:19 PM Reply   
Well the price the guy is asking for a brand new 750 lb bag is pretty hard to pass up so it may be worth a try. I only need one to weight my I/O.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-08-2010, 1:24 PM Reply   
spend the extra $30-$40 for a sack with the new fitting.. honestly.. it's worth it.. you'll thank yourself after filling them about 3 or 4 times.. the old fittings are really, really annoying and your boat is always wet.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-08-2010, 4:01 PM Reply   
They are water bed fittings and the sacs look like rebadged Skylon sacs IMO.
Old     (bhog)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-08-2010, 4:36 PM Reply   
My buddy has 2 of them on his boat and works perfectly. No leaks if its a good enough deal pull the trigger.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       11-08-2010, 6:23 PM Reply   
I have nothing of value to add, but you might not want to google "big bump sac"
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       11-09-2010, 3:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
i have nothing of value to add, but you might not want to google "big bump sac"
lmfao!
Old     (watersun)      Join Date: Jun 2009       11-09-2010, 8:38 PM Reply   
Big Bump Sacs were around a while ago. They made the regular sacs like you are being sold and then they also did custom sacs. I had one of the big 750's from them and I also purchased a custom sac from them back in the day. The 750 is just a normal sac like all of the old one's used to be and uses a waterbed fitting. I never had a problem with mine. As long as you take care of it, it should work just fine.
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       11-10-2010, 11:01 AM Reply   
Well I went ahead and bought them. They were really cheap and still in the packaging. Not sure if the guy knew what he had and part of me felt bad for getting them but he seemed to be happy so all is good. Now I just need to get the pup and fittings squared away. I am guessing that the fitting that Wakemakers sells for the Aerial sacks would work with these since that have the same type of waterbed fitting. Some one feel free to correct me if I am wrong which seems to happen alot.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       11-15-2010, 6:20 AM Reply   
THey're perfect for ballast systems. Mount them permanently and glue the fittings together. No leaks or issues from the two under my front seats for several years.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-15-2010, 9:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
THey're perfect for ballast systems. Mount them permanently and glue the fittings together. No leaks or issues from the two under my front seats for several years.
if they are gonna stay somewhere that they wont be touched, that will work. mine werent glued...i wouldnt recommend glueing them, maybe use some silicone, but they would still pop off and i would just pump water into the boat every now and then.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       11-18-2010, 10:33 AM Reply   
If you are going to integrate the sac I would suggest using a 1" Hose Barb Union Fitting and a 1" Stainless Steel Hose Clamp. Place the fitting in the port on the bag and tighten the hose clamp around it for a water tight fit. You shouldn't try to glue on the Perfect Union Water Bed Fitting. They will still pop off most of the time. You can find a 90 degree elbow hose barb union fitting at home depot as well as the 3/4" to 1" union if you are going to use 3/4" hose.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-18-2010, 11:42 AM Reply   
I run a piece of pvc pipe into mine, put a hose clamp around it, and then they won't leak.
Old     (rocketman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-11-2011, 7:14 PM Reply   
Steve,

I've got a pair. I got them when gethighsports.net was just starting, so they'll have the original fittings. I bought them as an enhancement to our Phat Budde fat sac, but it was too much for my little Malibu to handle, so they've only been used a couple of times. I'm in Mesa too, so give me a call if you're interested. http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/boa/2542467454.html
Old     (Cipher)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-11-2011, 7:18 PM Reply   
FWIW, Steve bought the sacs 9 months ago...
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-11-2011, 7:30 PM Reply   
My boat came with two of their older 500lb sacks and the 1100 bump pump. The sacks have been decent enough so far and haven't leaked or had the caps pop off, but I plan to upgrade to Fly High 750 bags this winter. The leaky pump sucks a bit though.
Old     (rocketman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-12-2011, 11:40 PM Reply   
Cipher.,

I guess I missed that. Mine sold within five minutes of placing the ad. I guess I should have asked a higher price.