Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (jimr)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-01-2003, 5:52 AM Reply   
I've be toying with the ideal of buying a wakeboard boat and I found this:

2002 22' 9" Centurion Eclipse V-DR
Length: 22 Ft. 9 in.
Year: 2002 Used
Manufacturer: Centurion Boats
Model: Cyclone
Price: $27995.00

Cyclone

I know Centurion has been in business for years but you sure don't see many of there board boats around. On the otherhand a practically new V drive for under 28K doesn't sound bad. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who owns or has experience with this boat. Is it dependible, how does it drive, how is the wake?... etc.
Old    cws_kahuna            07-01-2003, 1:45 PM Reply   
My buddy here at work picked up one of these boats in a Direct Drive and he has been really pleased. I don't know much about these boats but his sure looks nice.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-01-2003, 2:02 PM Reply   
I personally love the Centurions and have heard nothing but good things about them from the people that own them. That is one on my watch list for when I can move up to a real wakeboard boat.

Bill
Old    toolman25            07-01-2003, 6:47 PM Reply   
We bought a new 2003 Centurion hurricane and love the boat. The interior is comfortable, has plenty of power, and the seating in a v-drive is the best. We have only got like 15 hours on it but have already had a blast skiing and boarding. I can tell you the 2003 cyclone is 38-42K with options. So for 28K that is a good deal!! You can pay more if you want the name but are you really getting anymore for the $. I dont think so but then again I dont have the extra 15K to spend anyways and we are happy and the boat performs excellent. At the end of the day as long as you have fun thats all that matters.
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-01-2003, 7:36 PM Reply   
I have a 2002 Avalanche and I love the boat. I would have bought the cyclone but it didn't fit in my garage. I know a lot of people say bad things about centurion but all boats have problems. One word of advice, make sure your local dealer of centruins is a reputable seller since you will probally have to take the boat to him to have anyting fixed that might break.
Rpd
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-01-2003, 8:09 PM Reply   
Cyclone is 20'5" the 2003 is a all new boat
with an actual walk through not a step over.
That 2002 is a great deal my dealer has 2003 for 38K http://www.clarkboat.com/skicenturion/a6.htm but like I say it is a all new boat

Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-01-2003, 8:12 PM Reply   
Do a search on here.I have no experience with a new one,and yes they do look really sharp.My friend has an older ,1996 model and you couldn't give me that plus 5k for my old boat.
Old     (jumpman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-02-2003, 4:44 PM Reply   
gunz, (lol) your profile "Special Olympics" says everything about your integrity. I would not take gunz advice Jim
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-02-2003, 5:22 PM Reply   
Dude,it's just my opinion.What do you want a gold medal?
Seriously,they are one of the coolest looking boats out there,hpefully they have all the bugs worked out now.The price sounds really good too.