Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Waterskiing

Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-19-2003, 7:03 AM Reply   
What is the world record slalom pass? Who holds the record? What year was the record set? What kind of ski?
I've never followed competitions, but a lot of ski's seem to claim to be the "world record holder"
Just curious.
Old    aka Bradley Beach            05-19-2003, 7:12 AM Reply   
I think the world record is held by Andy Mapple at 1 @ 43' off, unless he has since broken that. Mapple skis on what else, but an Andy Mapple Obrien, oh and the year is 98 I believe...
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-19-2003, 7:18 AM Reply   
Sorry for being ignorant about competition skiing, but does that mean that he had a full pass at 41 off?
Old    slalomboy            05-19-2003, 7:21 AM Reply   
Actaully the record is shared by Andy Mapple and Jeff Rodgers. Andy Mapple is on a Obrien Mapple and Rodgers is on a Goode. Rodgers set the record first I believe in 97 and Mapple tied it in 98. Ben Favret beat there score last year in a tourny but it was not accepted as the boat path was out of tollerance. It was a local tourny, not a Pro Tour Stop.

Later,
Old    slalomboy            05-19-2003, 7:26 AM Reply   
Jamie,

A lot of people are confused by this. What that means is 1 bouy at 43' off. Long story short they made it around the first bouy and back to the center of the course with-out losing the handle. The 43' off means 43 feet off of a 75 foot rope which ='s 32' of total rope he was using. Which in Laymens terms ='s one HELL OF A HARD THING TO DO!!!

Later,
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-19-2003, 7:34 AM Reply   
I understand that, but do you have to complete a full pass at one length before the rope is shortened?
Old    slalomboy            05-19-2003, 7:44 AM Reply   
You must complete a full pass at the max speed(36mph) before the rope is shortened.
Old     (yooper)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-19-2003, 7:51 AM Reply   
So in other words, Mapple DID have a full pass at 41' off before moving on to 43. Holy Crap!