Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       10-02-2007, 10:54 AM Reply   
right now we have stock ballast we fill up the center and the port side and have 2 people hang off the side of the boat from the tower on the port side to get it lower. its time to get sacs though, how are u guys weighting it? pics of the wake will help too. thanks!
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-04-2007, 8:57 AM Reply   
Lots of Sacs. Lots of lead. You could likely run 2,500 lbs of ballast on one side to get that dialed in. If you search for x2 weighting, you will find some folks who have them. Good luck!
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-04-2007, 10:35 AM Reply   
what ben said... lots of weight... the more - the better !!!
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       10-04-2007, 10:47 AM Reply   
I was out surfing on one the other weekend, we had a bunch of weight, but started out with the center ballast full, then emptied it later on and the shape of the wake really improved. We had a 550 in the rear v drive locker and then 2 440's lined up under the side bench seat and anther sack on the side bow seat. The boat was really leaning, the side chine was 8 in out of the water. the wave was clean and long, but with more time i'd like to make it a little steeper as it didnt seem to have the push of my centurion.
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       10-06-2007, 2:10 PM Reply   
sweet thanks guys hey WALove do u happen to have a pic of the wake? im going tomorrow im going to fill the center and port side then have a 600 in the locker, 600 on the port seat, 600 on the floor or back seat, and a 600 in the bow or on the floor on the port side ill let u guys know how it goes.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       10-07-2007, 10:14 AM Reply   
No pic sorry, we found that the wake was better with all the weight on the side and none in the middle. No center ballast, no sack on the back center bench. The boat seemed senstive to weight movement, the wake would change when someone would move from side to side.
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       11-08-2007, 8:58 AM Reply   
ok i got some pics we have one 550 in the port locker, 2-550's on the port seat, and a 550 in the bow on the port side. we also leaned off of the tower. the water was coming over the back corner of the boat.Upload
Upload
its a bad angle and we dont have people in the right spotUpload

does anyone else hang off the tower or have a tower swing?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-08-2007, 9:22 AM Reply   
We used to, but I caught a lot of unwanted attention for doing so.