Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (BorderBoarder)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-06-2011, 9:30 PM Reply   
Hello everyone,

I am new to wakeworld.com but have been a lurker for a long time. Very informative and helpful site. I apologize in advance for the long first post.

I know everyone is tired of which board to get posts but...I will be recieving my 3rd Ronix Viva 144 in the next few weeks from breaking them. The first one I bought was a 2010 that I broke in April this year, I liked the board alot coming from an '04 LF Substance. I recieved a 2011 Viva and the new shape is AWESOME, faster, smoother, better pop, better edging, the whole package, for me at least. I love this board but am afraid I am going to break another one.

Both boards broke in between my feet right in front of my rear foot while landing in the flats, one on a raley the other a tantrum. Both boards broke within the first 15 rides. I guess I land tail heavy but always thought that was how you are supposed to?? I have been wakeboarding for 15+ years so its not like I don't know what I am doing.

I am 6' tall 220-225 lbs and like fast smooth boards (never really loved the substance). The shop I am dealing with is really cool and I think they are going to allow me to do a trade on the warrantied board if I choose too. I don't want to be one of the contributors to putting a hurt on another wake company by sending warranty claims one after another. Also, I think Ronix is a great company and are doing awesome things for the sport.

My question is board recommendations, I am not against "flex/hybrid" boards but have never ridden one. The shop sells Ronix, LF, Hype, Byerly, and CWB. I have never been a fan on CWB. Obviously I need at least a 142 board but 144 would be a little better. They Byerly Conspiracy description reads good, not crazy about the graphics but that doesn't make it ride better/worse. Also the Ronix Phoenix project might be an option, thinking if its made to flex in tip/tail maybe it wont break as easy. Looking for a strong board for boat only riding.

I would like to try Slingshot Newton or Hooke or really Lyman Ltd ed, but they dont carry Slingshot . If someone wants to trade or work out a deal on a 142 Newton or Hooke for a new unused NIB Viva 144...

If you have board recommendations please tell me why you like the board and how it rides (fast, slow, edgy, loose, poppy, etc)

Yes I have posted this in other forums but am looking for good advise.
Thanks for listening