Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-02-2011, 4:43 PM Reply   
Well ill try to keep this short.My brother owns Gonyeas marine service here in Portland Oregon after seeing the ballast system I installed in my boat my friend wanted one as well so I referred him to my brothers shop for the install.I referred my brother to wakemakers for custom sacks and the parts to put the system together.I personally measured my friends boat for custom sacks and then called and talked to Spencer and placed the order on 4-29-11 and was told he would get the estimate on the sacks and call back.Well that never happened my brother has called them on numerous occasions and has not yet got a strait answer to where or when the sacks will come in.Spencer where are the sacks??? if you dropped the ball at least let us know so we can come up with a different plan.Here are a couple pics notice something missing?????
Attached Images

Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       06-02-2011, 5:07 PM Reply   
Hey theres no ballast bags in that boat! You should get that looked at. lol but seriously try fat sac if this guy wont help you or even call you back.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-02-2011, 5:34 PM Reply   
Here is the deal the custom sacks supposedly have already been ordered and we don't want to pay and get stuck with two sets,After the current debacle with wakemakers my brother signed up to be a flyhigh dealer so I now know it only takes thirty days for custom sacks and they are on schedule at flyhigh not months behind like some of the dealers will tell you.But with not being able to get an order number or a tracking number from wakemakers flyhigh has no way of letting us know if and when the sacks were ordered
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       06-02-2011, 5:48 PM Reply   
I love your pictures they certainly tell the story! I hope you get this sorted out I read on their site that you shouldn't mount the side pumps that way, is that incorrect? They said you have to mount them vertical like the center pump.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-02-2011, 6:00 PM Reply   
The pumps can be mounted in any direction you want.They recommend that they be mounted vertical like the center one in case the seal inside the housing fails and leaks water into the motor. I have heard of it happening but I personally have done a bunch of systems and have never had it happen.On some boats there is no choice how to mount the pumps space dictates that.But as far as the install above without sacks that wont be a concern
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       06-02-2011, 6:28 PM Reply   
Hope this gets sorted out for you ASAP. From what I can tell WakeMakers a 2 man operation and I would assume they get overwhelmed at peak times of the year. Not a good excuse but is understandable on some level.

I didn't order any custom sacs but I did place 3 orders on different occasions and got pretty good service from them. They always answered the phone when I called during business hours and my orders shipped quickly. I had to send some items back and I warned them about wrench marks and what not that I made on the parts when test fitting them. I didn't expect a full refund given the condition of a couple of the items but they gave me one anyway.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-02-2011, 6:39 PM Reply   
If they would give us a date or a tracking number you would not be reading this thread.We are waiting on sacks for a customer that wants his goods but have no answer to give when he will get the rest of his system because they will not give us an answer.We are located in the same city as wakemakers and they cant even return a phone call.I understand they are busy but if they are over their head they should hire some seasonal help like most businesses in the marine industry do
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-02-2011, 7:51 PM Reply   
I encourage you to call up Fly High (barefoot intl) yourself and ask them how long it would take for a custom sac. They will probably tell you this fall, no joke they are so backed up it's not funny. Maybe Spencer isn't even getting a stright answer from them. I saw Spencer today, he was elbows and aholes getting a ballast system installed in a boat. If you're so close drive over there and talk to him in person.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-02-2011, 8:05 PM Reply   
Sorry to break it to you NU but placed an order directly with flyhigh for some custom Malibu 247 surf sacks for a ballast system that is getting done and Mike said thirty days or less.All we need is a date or a tracking number for the customer.We have called several times and was told they would call back but never did.How do you run an on line sales business when your in the shop doing installs??and how is a service shop to do installs if they have to drive across town to get a strait answer??
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-02-2011, 8:14 PM Reply   
They are telling dealers differently then, I heard from 2 other dealers exactly what I just told ya. Why are you ordering through Wakemakers if you can go direct to flyhigh like you stated, that doesn't make sense.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-02-2011, 8:17 PM Reply   
Nevermind I see your brother signed up with flyhigh after the wakemakers order. 30 days or less LOL. I ordered my custom surf sac 1-1/2 years ago during winter and it took 7 weeks.

Last edited by 05mobiuslsv; 06-02-2011 at 8:22 PM.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-03-2011, 6:24 AM Reply   
Well hope we here from wakemakers today if not I will be updating this thread later.Sure funny how others come to their defense but they cant speak for themselves.I have done business with them before as well and had no problems but if this is a sign of what their customer service has become they will not get any more of my business or any more referrals.Guess thats what I get for trying to support a local company

Last edited by h20king; 06-03-2011 at 6:27 AM.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-03-2011, 6:30 AM Reply   
I'm not defending them, if they messed up they messed up they are grown ups. I don't even know them very well. Just trying to provide information you might have been looking for, not trying to argue about it either. The long lead time came from a dealer in another state. I'm sure they can get the production sacs in 30 days or less, but the custom sacs are way behind. Hope they get your order sorted out, they owe you that at least.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-03-2011, 6:47 AM Reply   
I like the guys at wake makers and understand things happen.All I am looking for is a strait answer as to when the sacks were ordered and what date to expect them so the info can be passed on to the customer.Everybody makes mistakes but what defines people is the way they deal with it.Nu you live here in the NW so you should be able to understand our customers heartburn with the weather finally turning and no clue when his goods are scheduled to arrive that he has already paid for.Mike at flyhigh says their shipments are on time and three weeks to make the sacks and one week to ship.I have heard that story that they are months out from other dealers like bakes but believe they are holding orders so they can order at larger volumes and get a bigger discount.Everybody knows the squeaky wheel gets the grease and I expected some response on this forum from wakemakers but as you can see once again no response to calls or this thread.I am not sure whats going on with them but know problems don't go away buy ignoring them
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-03-2011, 6:53 AM Reply   
I hear ya on the weather, I wouldn't be make accusations like "holding orders" with no fact to back it up, essentially calling them liars. I know that's not the case.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-03-2011, 7:00 AM Reply   
Not making accusations just passing on info that was received from Mike the owner of flyhigh.Why would he say thirty days and other dealers say months??someone is not telling the truth.All it would take to fix this problem is a strait answer from wakemakers.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-03-2011, 7:05 AM Reply   
Also I should add to keep the customer happy I took the custom sacks out of my boat for him to use until his come in.I believe in keeping the customer happy but doing so is affecting the use of my boat.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-03-2011, 7:09 AM Reply   
No idea why fly high would be giving 2 stories but apperently they are, maybe so they can bring on another dealer? I can tell you with absolute certainty that Bakes does not "hold orders", I don't know the guys at Wakemakers very well but doubt they would do that either. You should see the inventory they have in the shop, they have everything you could think of right there ready to ship. All except the custom sacs.

You're a good man for doing that for that guy, pretty selfless right there. Props to you!
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-03-2011, 10:04 AM Reply   
Sorry for the wait. Haven't had much time to read wakeworld in the last couple months. First off Harold, I am very sorry for the delay and the inconvenience. Gonyeas is by far one of the best marine service centers here in the northwest so hopefully this has not cast any bad light on Dave.

Fly High custom sacs are taking longer and longer the closer we get to summer. There has been a little difference between expected lead times and actual lead times. The custom sacs were ordered after we got the quote back from Fly High. Even our stocking orders are taking a couple weeks longer to receive. If I could give you an exact date i would (we don't get paid until we actually sell the product) but until we get that tracking number from Fly High there is no way to tell.

Since you're local why don't you come grab a couple sacs to use this weekend? I should have some Fat Sacs and Jumbos in the warehouse. Again I am sorry for the delay so let me know if there is anything else i can do. Feel free to give me a call or shoot me an email. 888-338-6085 spencer@wakemakers.com
Old     (chexi)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-03-2011, 10:28 AM Reply   
What boat is that? Won't stock 750s fit in there pretty much perfectly?
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-03-2011, 10:29 AM Reply   
Thanks Spencer I understand you guys are busy we just need something to tell the customer so he knows what to expect.I realize you guys are the middle men and it takes what it takes so I hope you can understand the position we are in we just need to know what to tell the customer.If the order did not go in the day I called thats OK but we need to know once again thanks for the responce......................................H
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-03-2011, 10:31 AM Reply   
Scot the boat is an 08 centurion elite V 750"S will fit but more is always better.I have been letting the customer use my custom sacks so the 750's would be a step back in wave size for him.