Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-12-2010, 9:28 PM Reply   
Just letting everyone know that the boat show is this coming weekend. Took a sneak peak at some of the new boats today while setting up and there are some really cool new rides out there.

Collin Harrington, Emily Copeland-Durham, and Shaun Murray will be at the show so it should be a really good one! Hope to see you there.

Hours: Friday 12-10; Saturday 10-10; Sunday 10-5
Denver Convention Center
http://www.denverboatshow.com/
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-13-2010, 6:18 AM Reply   
I'll be out there on Sat
Old     (jdameron)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-13-2010, 6:50 AM Reply   
I will be there on Saturday as well
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       01-13-2010, 7:47 AM Reply   
I can't make till sunday see ya there!! Steve you set up at Tommy's again this year?
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-13-2010, 5:08 PM Reply   
Yes Jarod. We'll be in the same spot.

Here's a shot I took this afternoon while setting up. Looks waaaaayyyy different when it's all together. I keep thinking we should take photos while we set up cause it's kinda cool to see it all come together.

I also heard Chad Sharpe and Paul Obrien will be at the show this weekend. There will also be a video "get together" for Hyperlite on Saturday. I forgot the name of the place but will post again tomorrow.

Should be a pretty awesome show with that line up of guys and gals.

Hope to see everyone there.
Upload
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-13-2010, 5:22 PM Reply   
Nice, are you guys back in the same corner as last year?
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-13-2010, 5:52 PM Reply   
Awesome. Wish I could make it. How is the build at Mary Jane? We are planning on a long weekend later in the month. Mom is coming in from Denver, Ill give her the terrible trio and take the wife sliding!
Old     (wake1012)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-14-2010, 4:18 PM Reply   
Ill be there saturday
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-14-2010, 8:41 PM Reply   
Update. The Hyperlite video on Saturday will be at the Gaslamp (I think) but will confirm tomorrow. Just heard Greg Nelson is coming to the show too. AWESOME!!!!
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-16-2010, 5:52 AM Reply   
I'll stop and say hi today, Steve.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-16-2010, 12:15 PM Reply   
see you in a few hours.
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-17-2010, 4:28 PM Reply   
Missed you Steve. I was amazed how small a show it was. The only thing I was impressed by was the Axis boat Tommy had in there.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-19-2010, 6:06 PM Reply   
Yeah Bill. Sorry I missed you. I wasn't always in the booth. Did a few errands and airport runs so it was hoppin'. It was a small show but it was really cool to see all the industry guys there. Besides all of the athletes, of which we had 6 or 7, its pretty cool to have guys like Don Wallace, Greg Nelson, and Paul Obrien at the show. To think that Tommy introduced Jimmy Redmond and Tony Finn way back in the day is pretty sweet. Can't imagine all that they talked about - all legends in the sport. When you really think of it, Paul's dad, Herb is the godfather of water-skiing and especially wakeboarding. We definitely wouldn't be where we are in the sport without all of these guys!
Old     (tommysurfs)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-21-2010, 7:16 AM Reply   
Thanks to all of you that came by our booth. Yes the show was very small and most everyone but us cut back on their booth. We were blessed with record business and great athletes at our booth. Rumors of a pro-wake stop in Colorado Springs the week after my tournament in Pueblo. Everyone is ready to ride but some sweet snow coming late this week so enjoy. What a fun ride this has been through the years. Got my new Watson from Don and saw lots of new stuff that we only saw samples of this fall. We are excited and so thankful to all of you that visited us. Thanks Steve for all your help setting up and tearing down plus just your friendship and insight are great. We are thankful to all of you. Now we need to put it all back together. We are stoked for Spring. Congrats to Megan and Dave and crew for a job well done!

Tommy Phillips
Tommy's Slalom Shop
www.gettommys.com

Tommy
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-21-2010, 10:45 AM Reply   
Pictures. http://milehighwakeboarding.phanfare.com/4537660
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-21-2010, 4:51 PM Reply   
It was nice to meet you Tommy and when I'm ready to pull the trigger I will definitely be looking at an Axis.
Old     (jdameron)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-22-2010, 7:21 AM Reply   
Loved the Ronix boat - figure I would share!Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-23-2010, 1:53 PM Reply   
Thats freakin awesome
Old     (tommysurfs)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-26-2010, 9:33 AM Reply   
The Ronix boat rocked! Hey folks we might have the Pro Tour in Colorado Springs in June! Although it is not a Malibu event, we will still be there with all the other companies and do our best to promote the event. My lake is just a bit south so I might arrange some rides down there for practice. This reminds me of the old days when we did the first Worlds at this lake. Oh well. More fun for all of us! Thanks to all of you that came by the show. God bless.

Tommy Phillips
www.gettommys.com
www.thiniceband.com
Old                01-26-2010, 6:11 PM Reply   
looks like the pwt will be in colorado springs on the weekend of july 24th! it will be the first time in many many years.

i wonder who will step forward and claim responsability for getting the pwt here?
Old     (jsw)      Join Date: Apr 2009       01-29-2010, 2:17 PM Reply   
janeele that ronix boat is sick.