Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (gsulawwake)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-18-2009, 6:44 PM Reply   
I used to ride a 2004 Parks Hyperlite. This year I bought the Ronix Ibex. The Ibex's fins are much smaller so I've been riding with my 1.1" fins from my Parks board.
If I'm not spinning other than 180s, I usually do inverts and wake to wake grabs. Is there any reason not to have the larger fins?
The next trick I want to do is a Raley, I'm thinking the larger fins will help me get a harder cut for that. Am I right?
Old     (lfrider139)      Join Date: May 2007       07-18-2009, 8:50 PM Reply   
try not using any fins, it will teach you how to edge better
Old     (bzager)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-18-2009, 9:05 PM Reply   
fins are overrated. I ride an LF witness without the center fin and its pretty loose on the water. The other day i rode my friends ronix one and to be complety honest, while i could cut super hard, i was was soo scared of being locked into the water cuz i felt like any wrong move would cause me to catch an edge and knock me out. For me, no fins and slippery is the way to go, pluse like dillon^ said it will teach you to edge better and basically feel and use your board more as opposed to depending on the fins to keep you locked in. Try it out, its not for everyone, but i wont ride another center fin or probably even a bolt on fin again!