Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (epicx)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-17-2009, 5:28 AM Reply   
Here is the deal. I currently have an x-star that is a couple of years old that I really need to sell. I have it listed all over the place and just can't seem to sell it. I know it’s a tough market to be selling a high end boat, but I need it to go. Do you have any suggestions? Any advice on where to list it, maybe some auctions I can take it to, I just need to sell this boat. Thanks in advance.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-17-2009, 7:41 AM Reply   
onlyinboards.com
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-17-2009, 7:44 AM Reply   
You can post in the classifieds section of this website.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-17-2009, 7:44 AM Reply   
By the way, what year, options, hours and color of an xstar are you trying to sell?
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-17-2009, 8:00 AM Reply   
if it's priced right, it will move
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-17-2009, 8:22 AM Reply   
Get r sold before labor day. Price, condition, and location matter most. Can't do much about location, but you will get calls if it is priced right and in good shape.

Try a dealer consignment if you are not using it a bunch.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-17-2009, 8:57 AM Reply   
If it isn't selling, your price is too high, period. Sucks, but that's how it works.

Dealer consignment can help, but it's not free. Most charge 10% commish. Choose the dealer carefully - when it comes to consignments a few are good, most are lazy, and some are liars. Check out the quality of their ads and inventory, email them thru an ad and see if they respond, read and understand the consignment contract, etc. Many dealers aren't really even interested in pushing consignment inventory and would rather move new boats, so they will be trying to talk anyone that looks at your boat into buying a new one instead.
Old     (epicx)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-17-2009, 9:19 AM Reply   
2006 MASTERCRAFT X-STAR, Awesome Red and black 2006 X-Star with 2008 Graphics. Boat Includes: Boat Cover, Bimini Top, AM/FM/CD Stereo, Tower Racks, Tower Mirror, Stereo Remote, 2 Wet Sound 480 speakers, Fiber glass Platform, Stock ballast 1000 lbs , Tilt Steering, MCX 350 HP. This Boat also includes a Red Tandem Axle Master Craft Trailer. Need to sell this boat so give me a call at 904-838-5733.
Here is one of the listings:
http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/boa/1273892437.html
Old     (kinger)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-17-2009, 9:33 AM Reply   
Whats the price?
Old     (mrt111)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-17-2009, 9:41 AM Reply   
Putting the price in the ad you have on craigslist will probably help.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-17-2009, 9:57 AM Reply   
+1 on putting price in ads. I would also include hours and some interior pics. List it in regional ATL ads. For some reason, the Atlanta market seems to command higher prices for boats than in Fla.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-17-2009, 11:43 AM Reply   
You have a premium boat. You need to do a premium ad. First, I would set up an account on wakesiderides.com. Take multiple high quality pictures. Get shots in the water, on the trailer, with the cover off and on, the interior and any options it has. On your craigslist ad start with the year, make, model and hours. Next do it as a vertical list and list all the options whether they are actual MC options or not. When I say this I mean do it like this.

Heater
Shower
Bimini
Tower speakers
Swivel racks
ETC

Then at the bottom of that write a little about the boat like the condition, fresh water use, regular maint. with records, etc...

If you are going to price it under NADA it isn't a bad idea to list the NADA items and the value you get then show that your asking price is AT OR UNDER LOW NADA. Be realistic, you aren't going to get average NADA probably.

Somewhere in there put a link to your wakesiderides page so people can see lots of good quality pics.

Then put 4 of the better pics of the boat on the craigslist ad. I would put one of the boat on the trailer with cover, one of the exterior in the water, one of the interior and maybe one other pic. The more info and pics you put in your ad the better.