Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-26-2008, 12:16 AM Reply   
I've got a 85 Supra Sunsport, but only about 870# fat sacs. any chance we'll be able to surf? where would you recommend the weight? I have a 540 and a 350. I'm borrowing a board from a local guy this weekend to see if it'll work, any tips would be appreciated.
Old     (wotan)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-26-2008, 8:32 AM Reply   
I have a saltare and we've had success with around 900lbs in there. I currently run ~1700 and am able to surf with only the driver in the boat.

I think with your setup you should be ok if you have a few people in the boat. I'd put the 350 on the port side of the engine and the 540 behind the engine and all the way to the port side. Get these as far back into that corner as you can. Weight up front has NEVER helped me for surfing in this boat. Get your fatties and have them ride the back seat.

Good luck!
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-26-2008, 8:39 AM Reply   
is further back better? I can fit my 350 in my back locker, would that be advantageous?
Old     (wotan)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-26-2008, 12:36 PM Reply   
Absolutely. The further back the better, but it also needs to be as far to the side as possible. Also.... fill up with gas before you go out. A full tank on these things equates to almost another 350lbs.

I always forget about the ski locker (which in my boat is full of amps and cross overs) and the under-seat storage (which has 4 x 12" subs in mine.)