Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-31-2006, 7:44 PM Reply   
talk to the head man, tell him you want a new boat, or your money back. Actually, have an attorney do that for you, plain and simple.
Old     (x_star05)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-04-2006, 2:28 PM Reply   
mastercraft is giving me a new boat!!
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-04-2006, 2:34 PM Reply   
congratulations...it turns out being a whiny little bitch really does pay off
Old     (hyperlite7572)      Join Date: May 2005       09-06-2006, 1:56 PM Reply   
are they going to redo it with a barbwire theme?

Jeff, you can't blame him for being pissed off, his parents paid good money for that boat, I'm sure that any one else in this situation would do the same.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-06-2006, 2:30 PM Reply   
Wow Jeff youre a cool guy why dont you grow up, or just keep your mouth shut when you're obviously green with envy

Ryan- Congrats on the new boat... what is the color scheme gonna be
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       09-06-2006, 2:36 PM Reply   
Ryan, congrats on getting a new boat.

For the rest of you bickering back and forth, I don't really take sides either way. Sure Ryan should have been pissed that he is having issues with his boat. But on the other side, I totally understand the comments made by others, because for the most part as far as I have seen, Ryan's only participation on this site has either been bragging about his X-Star, or bitching about his X-Star. So I don't really think you can blame a lot of these guys for the comments they make and don't immediately think they are jealous.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-06-2006, 2:49 PM Reply   
Nick I know the entire history with Ryans boat as most others on this site do also. Point being most regulars on these board got pissed at the kid when he came on here gloating and bragging(like a turd for sure), so he disappeared for a while, and he's back with a new attitude, and some problems with his boat. I know when our boat has problems I come on here and ask questions and want feedback as well. I can only imagine thats what Ryan wants, so why keep busting his balls about something that happened what seems like almost 2 years ago?!?!?! Would it make you all happier for him to just never return to the boards... so like I said grow up let it be
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       09-06-2006, 4:04 PM Reply   
Tyler, I think people would not be as hard on the kid if he was on the board when he wasn't talking about his boat. Many have this perception that there is an 'in crowd' on WakeWorld, but really what it is is a lot of posters that post on different subjects and show knowledge, or at least care for others. To me, it just seems like Ryan is always posting about himself, which is ok, but won't draw much respect or admiration from most of the regular pasters on this site. Like I said, I've never really gotten into it with the kid on here like others have, but just as an observer to the whole situation, this is what I see. I do think people could lay off him a little since he is pretty young.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-06-2006, 5:36 PM Reply   
hey, i'm just saying what about 100 other people were thinking; i've just got the balls to not care if i offend someone. my comment wasn't even about ryan in particular, so i guess i sort of apologize that i only targeted him. i'm just tired of all these people airing out their dirty laundry on the internet. if your dealer is being a jerk and you've called him on it multiple times, sure, go public with the situation. but, from the sounds of it, ryan's dealer has been completely up-front and honest with him and has tried to help him the best they can. but yet, ryan has documented the proceedings on wakeworld every step of the way, making his dealer and mastercraft look bad in the process. handle your business in house; the internet should be a last resort...that's all i'm saying.

as far as ryan in particular, i could care less if you think everyone has been too hard on him. life's tough. maybe it will help better shape his character. i mean here's a guy who was trying to choose between three or four boats, and, instead of saying what he liked about the x-star that made him choose it, he went on to tear every other boat company a new one and basically called people idiot's for buying anything not mastercraft; and that everyone ragging on him without an mc was jealous of his x. but, what really got me personally was his need for a brand new barb-wire x-star built from scratch. he could have gotten the boat show identical barb-wire x-star that was brand-spanking new (but, *gasp* a few people walked in it) probably for about $20,000-30,000 less, but a couple tiny scratches were worth $30k more to get rid of in his eyes. and, yes, i understand his parents are rich, so i don't fault him for choosing his dream boat (i would too), but is it too much to ask to try to save them a "dime" here or there. if my dad was bill gates i wouldn't buy the absolute most expensive things just because i could. the boat show x-star was good enough for parks, but not good enough for ryan.

and i can assure you, there's no envy in my post. before my lake got sucked dry by the texas drought, i owned (and yes, I was making payments) my dream boat