Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-01-2013, 6:24 AM Reply   
I'm not sure what to say about this if it's true. http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/25/mi...acare-website/
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-01-2013, 6:43 AM Reply   
if it's true what would the implication be other than they both went to princeton? There's no implication in the article that that they even know/knew each other. I do business all the time with people who went to my same college... but not BECAUSE they went to my college and chances are better than not that we don't know each other from there.
Old     (azeus17)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-01-2013, 7:22 AM Reply   
Big deal...of bigger concern is the fact that it cost $600+ million to build a chitty website.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-01-2013, 7:53 AM Reply   
Says that the connection with Michelle was threw the
Association Of Black Princeton Alumni

Let's see?
No bid contract; check
Friend of Michells gets the contract; check
Company builds a $600 million dollar website that dosent work ; Check

Yea that seems about right, Nothing to see here folks! move on, if you question the Obamas your either a Rasist or your just mad about the ellection!!!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-01-2013, 8:14 AM Reply   
The amount spent on the web site has been reported to be all kinds of numbers. Something tells me the number in that article is based on thin air.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-01-2013, 8:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Says that the connection with Michelle was threw the
Association Of Black Princeton Alumni
Could you quote where it says that? I only read that they are both members. I'm a member of my university's alumni association, but I don't purport to even know, let alone be friends with, every other member.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-01-2013, 9:52 AM Reply   
CBS reported that only 6 people were able to enroll on the first day and 243 on the second day.

$600 Million for a website that only allows 6 people to enroll on its first day= EPIC FAIL.

this guy sums up Obama Care pretty well
http://www.ijreview.com/2013/10/8599...ith-obamacare/

Even better
http://safeshare.tv/w/zwhKdMtFHf
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       11-01-2013, 9:55 AM Reply   
A couple other neat little facts:
The company that built the website is a Canadian company. (Nice outsourcing there.)
It's the same company that was responsible for designing and implementing the Canadian gun registry and website.
(Weird, I know.)
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-01-2013, 4:07 PM Reply   
Interesting you should mention that Shawndoggy, so I ran a Google search. I did find a few that mentioned their relationship but most were bogus and some were shut down. I did find this. http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenf...d-white-house/
Old    bigdtx            11-02-2013, 11:48 AM Reply   
This post is for the non tin foil hat wearing crowd... but before I get started..

Grant - you seem quite angry these days, I liked you a lot more when you were white chocolate and making me feel less manly with your boat DIY projects (OK - I guess that's still happening).

Anyway... The contract for the healthcare.gov site was awarded to CGI Federal as a no-bid contract because they were a "pre-vetted" contractor already working on Medicare and Medicaid projects. These big contracting companies are generally full of slugs who's job it is to show up every day and do as little as possible so the client (in this case the US gov't) has to hire even more people to get anything done.

Michelle Obama had nothing to do with it (shocker I know).

It's not like any of this is a secret: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ealthcare-gov/
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-02-2013, 3:04 PM Reply   
BigDTX; yes your correct I have my Obama moments. But in real life I'm a happy go lucky simple guy that just like Bling and Girls in Bikinis. I guess I need to be like the rest of the zombies and sit back and don't give a "F" This country used to be a great place and now it just "seems" like its full of freeloaders and corruption. Sad To see where we came from and then to look where we are going it's just sad. " I used to be disgusted now I'm just amused" (Elvis Costello)

Btw the Movie The End is Here is awesome!
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-03-2013, 6:53 PM Reply   
This took a lot of looking and cancelled out web pages ""As it happens, the Daily Caller reports that Michelle Obama's college roomie Toni Townes-Whitley, Princeton class of '85, is a senior vice president at CGI Federal, which earned the no-bid contract to build the $678 million ObamaCare enrollment website at Healthcare.gov."" http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...-selection.htm
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-04-2013, 12:26 PM Reply   
^Ron, I read the Daily Caller's report that links to your story and while the report says M.O. and Townes-Whitley were "classmates", it doesn't say anywhere that they were "roommates". And no where in the story does it say if they even knew each other, only that they are both members of the Association of Black Princeton Alumni.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/25/mi...acare-website/

Last edited by wake77; 11-04-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-04-2013, 1:10 PM Reply   
Good one, Jeremy. I was thinking the original article was from the Washington Post. As badly as I hate to admit it, there may be some liberties taken in the wording of the article,
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-19-2013, 10:59 AM Reply   
It never ceases to amaze me how people will stick up for someone just because they are a Democrat or a Republican. Regardless of their political stance this is Washington at it's worse. First of all the real travesty here is that we spent over half a Billion dollars that's a B not an M on a website. I build websites and mobile applications and there is no way we need to spend even close to this amount of money on a project like this. This could have been done for well under 10 million Dollars and done in a far more professional way without all the hiccups but the problem as usual is that the Government got in the way.

It seems the only thing our leaders in Washington ever do right is when it comes to screwing things up and being able to waste astronomical amounts of money . Somebody is getting huge amounts of kick backs on this. Half a Billion on a website is ludacris and i think we should all be focusing on the outrageous spending. This is a perfect example of why we are in the debt crisis we are in. Kick them all out from OB down.

Last edited by poser007; 11-19-2013 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Wrong word
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-19-2013, 11:08 AM Reply   
I doubt the numbers being claimed are accurate. Regardless, the web site is not really that big an issue. The reason why people are defensive about their party is because there are big ideological differences between the two. And neither party really is interested in being diligent and honest. So when one party is attacked for being incompetent and dishonest the implication is that the other party is honest and competent. But that isn't true.

Getting access to HC is the ideology of the left. Even a half billion wasted looks like a pittance compared to where the ideology of the right took us for 8 years. I like where the ideology of the left is taking us WRT HC because it's putting the spotlight on an essential service that govt socialized capitalism has totally screwed up. No pain, no gain.