Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (mopardudes)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-30-2010, 2:33 PM Reply   
So I am ready to start working on an invert but I haven't been able to get over actually being "invert". Is there a way to get over my fear or just nutt up and do it? I don't have a trampoline to work on so is there anything else I can do to ease my way in to it?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-30-2010, 2:40 PM Reply   
learnwake.com has drills to ease you into backrolls and tantrums.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-01-2010, 4:35 PM Reply   
Yeah robert now you tell me! LOL I finally got up the guts to try a tantrum. I really have no business since I have not even mastered the art of POP. But I get bored just going W2W so I said WTF I am trying it. I have come close on 2 of 6. One wreck had me dazed (tried to flip to early) wont do that again. The others were not really that bad. I have watched a video on how to "tip the tantrum" they make it look easier than it is. I am going to see what learnwake.com has.
IMPO its a good one to try the wrecks really are not that bad. So go for it!
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-01-2010, 5:04 PM Reply   
You can watch learn wake tripping the tantrum on you tube..they make it seem so easy.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-01-2010, 6:20 PM Reply   
i haven't tried a tantrum yet KEVIN. i want to ride away from my backroll first . i can do w2w180's regular[goofy] heel and toeside and also switch [regular left foot forward]heeside. my toeside switch is only at 1 wake now but i'm working on it . i have landed 3 b/s 360's and never have trouble with my axis or rotation only the handle pass. i also have done raley on wakeskate but not on wakeboard yet [i haven't tried it]. but my goals for this year is to land the backroll, get b/s 360 consistent , land a w2w b/s 180 and land a raley. once i accomplish all that then i will try the tantrum.a trampoline is excellent for training for a tantrum as you can determine wether you want to do a layout or a tuck tantrum.GOOD LUCK.
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-05-2010, 10:03 AM Reply   
IMO, I would try the backroll first. You don't change much from a normal wake jump vs a trip flip. I was like you, I will do front flips off of anything, never spun backwards (on trampoline, diving board, ect.) and still haven't and won't. But I will on a wakeboard. weird, I know. For my first backroll, we slowed the boat down to 19-20mph, as slow as we could and still keep a clean wake. I tried one wake HS backroll. Of course I didn't make it but it got me over the fear and actually supprised me at how natural it was and the crash was nothing. After that I started trying full on backrolls. Once you try it, you'll get over that fear real quick. Just go for it man.