Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (chadfowler)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-03-2009, 2:53 PM Reply   
I'm off the next 4 days starting tomorrow so my wife and I are looking to take a roadtrip.

It looks like the weather down there will be good so that is where we've decided to go.

Anyone who has skied there have any suggestions on the lake?

Where to stay, eat, party & most of all pull?
Old     (okcwakebrdr)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-03-2009, 2:59 PM Reply   
As far as party, be careful , i think that that lake is in a dry county. Im not sure, but i dont think you your supposed to have beer on the water. You gota bring in your beer, cant find it anywhere around the lake. We have been going to the BLT tournament up there for the last 3 years. Its a great lake really pretty. We partyed it up while we were there with no trouble but, who knows how close we were to gettin a ticket or something.
Old     (wallnut21)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-04-2009, 6:28 AM Reply   
I just got back from Beaver and Steve L is right.... bring ur own beer. I ended up driving back into Missouri and just bought a crap load for our 4 day trip. I never ran into any problems on the lake and I had beer and my music pretty loud most of the time. I was up near the dam and the best place I found to ride was the two long coves just off mile marker 5. We didn't make it past that point to get to the other parts of the lake. After mile marker 5 I don't have a clue.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-04-2009, 8:09 AM Reply   
Its just the county that the lake is in that is dry. You can drive south to fayetteville(I think, just south of Rogers) and get beer, but the lake is a dry lake and beer isn't allowed on the boats. Just don't get caught. Everytime I have been, you didn't really need to find a cove for good water.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-04-2009, 8:39 AM Reply   
I just got back from a 4 day trip to Beaver Lake. As far as where to ride, if you have a GPS I suggest you bring it out on the boat with you. I've been to Beaver Lake a few times, but I still do not know the lake very well. The first day we got there was pretty windy. Finding butter was as simple as determining which the direction the wind was blowing from and then looking at the GPS map to find a cove with protection. We found absolute glass over by the Lost Bridge area with 25 mph winds.

We stayed at the Lost Bridge North campgrounds and I saw beer signs at some gas stations about 10 miles away towards Eureka Springs. If you're looking for an afternoon getaway from the lake Eureka Springs has tons of restaurants and shops. There were a few bars there as well, but we were there during the day, so I couldn't tell you how happening they were at night.

A bit of advice if you are camping and actually want to get a good nights sleep.... Never, ever, ever, camp next to a boat ramp and/or dock. Every drunk idiot who felt the need to swim and fish at 2 am did so right next to our camper. Every night it was someone different. We got zero sleep the entire trip. Here are some pics of our campsite....
Upload
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by nauty on August 04, 2009)
Old     (jeffsv211)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-04-2009, 10:10 AM Reply   
That brings back memories. I grew up in Rogers and used to ride my bike to lost bridges. My parents owned a marine dealership on hwy 12 going out to the bridge by the prairie creek park. I haven't been in the area sense '82-'83
Old     (headhunter)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-04-2009, 3:31 PM Reply   
Beer in Eureka Springs, on the Northside of beaver. beer in Springdale, Southside of Beaver. Plenty of campgrounds, many Marinas, most beautiful lake around the MidWest.
Old     (josharre2000)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-10-2009, 12:20 PM Reply   
Lake is full of stumps and alligators.

Just kidding. Beaver is prolly one of the best lakes I have ever been on. Got up this past saturday morning and pulled my kids for 2 hours and did not see another boat. Would definitly put in around the Rocky Branch area. Our cabin is just east in the Rambo area. There are several coves which serve up butter most of the day. If you are ever out that way, holler and I can point you is a good direction.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-10-2009, 12:55 PM Reply   
I promised the Game and Fish commission that I would tell everyone who I met that asked about this lake my story.

I went there for the BLT (keep in mind, a CHARITY tournament) in June, and was treated to an awful display of arrogance and rudeness by the rangers, game and fish, and actual police.

While wakeskating in the lake before the tournament with some friends who had come in from Missouri, we were pulled over, and the officers made us come in because the driver was 24, and needed a class to operate the vessel. He tried to explain calmly that he was in for the weekend from Missouri, to which the GAME AND FISH officer threatened to arrest him, and gave myself and him tickets for riding without a CGA vest, which for some reason, totalled $405 (got that before we started argueing, and were very polite).

Then, they harrassed the tournament itself, cutting lines to a party barge that was serving as the dock for riders, and let it float off until another boat rescued it, and patrolled the area searching coolers, and giving out parking tickets for people partisapating in the tournament.

I will not be back to that tournament again, or that lake any time soon.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-10-2009, 1:04 PM Reply   
I keep hearing stories like this about the law enforcement on Beaver Lake. Perhaps I'm just lucky, but I've been there probably 4-5 times in the last 7 years for 3-4 day camping trips at a time and have never seen a single officer ever? It's a good thing too because I had no idea that you couldn't have alcoholic beverages on board.
Old     (josharre2000)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-10-2009, 1:18 PM Reply   
I spend 100-125 hrs a summer on the lake and have never had an issue, or been stopped in 4 years. Of course we stay in the secluded coves in the northern part of the lake. The cove in which we play is just around the corner from "Party Cove"... which typically keeps the law pretty busy. I hate to hear stories like Caleb's... b/c Beaver is an awesome lake with a growing wake sports population.

BTW-- Who has the Red and White Slider X-35? They had some folks going off yesterday in Rambo Cove. My son wanted me to flag them down so he could ride with them. I see that boat out pretty much every weekend.

(Message edited by josharre2000 on August 10, 2009)
Old     (srud)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-10-2009, 1:40 PM Reply   
We spent 6 days on Beaver over the 4th of July. The middle picture above is where we spent 90% of our time riding. Nice long cove that we had basically to ourselves for hours at a time.

I had no idea that it was a dry lake! Wow! Never saw an F&G officer or sheriff the entire time we were there.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-19-2010, 1:55 PM Reply   
Kind of a dead thread but I live exactly 6 minutes from the Prairie Creek marina on Beaver Lake and spend every weekend during the summer out there if anyone wants to ride hit me up