Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-20-2006, 10:36 PM Reply   
it was raining all weekend, so I made a fort and started on my stereo install. I ended up draping a big tarp from my bow, over the tower, then into the garage, so I had free access to the boat without having to get wet.

Upload

As for the install, First I needed to make some mounting plates for the 2 amps im adding.

I glassed some marine plywood, carpeted them, then glued them inside the storage compartment.

I'll be mounting a ppi 4125 on the bottom, and and eclipse 4 channel on top.
Upload

one thing I still need to figure out is how do I get to the wired remote at the drivers side. I'd like to take the whole panel off and add some rca binding posts for my ipod.

This week I get to install a new clarion deck, An isolator, extra batt, and a pair of nvs tyrants.

Upload

(Message edited by dizzyj on March 20, 2006)
Old     (texasbear08)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-21-2006, 8:13 AM Reply   
DJ,

What kind of glue did you use? Did you cover the entire back of the board?
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-21-2006, 9:02 AM Reply   
Jon,

I used gorrilla glue, found at home depot. You got to be carefull with that stuff, if you look carfully, you will see that I put duct tape on the carpet so the glue dripped on the tape. I used a good bit of glue.

I also had to build up part of the boards. The inside wall on anything but even, so I had to gorrilla glue another 1/4" thick piece for the top. Then I glassed the peices.

Here is another question while im thinking of it. I'd like to use a neutrik 8 pole connector for the tower speaker connection, so I have some extra connectors to power lights on, but I'm concerned that I cannot run power through thoes connectors (or at least its not a good idea to run power+sound on one connector). Any ideas?
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-22-2006, 12:51 PM Reply   
amps mounted and wired up. Ill post some pics tonight. I dont like seeing the wires, so I think im going to make a false wall with a plexy window to view the amps. Then I can add led's