Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (nautique_04_226)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-03-2007, 5:06 PM Reply   
I originally planned to put the valves in line when I installed my heater,so I would isolate the heatercore in the summer so water will not flow through the heatercore. this will extend the life of the heatercore. I put the tees with fitting in so I could use compressed air to blow the water out of the heatercore. I use a fitting and piece of hose so I could blow the water into the bilge. I also use a small inline regulator so I would not go over 20 PSI. After installing the valves I thought why not blow the water out of the engine. So I ran the engine up to operating temp. to open the termastate in the engine, stop the engine and let the water drain from the engine. Next I put two buckets under the exhaust so I could catch the water. I blow the engine out with compressor not letting the pressure to go over 20 psi. Most radiator caps on cars are between 15 psi and 20 psi. I then poured all the water into one 2 1/2" bucket I get between 2 to 2 1/2 gallons when I do this. Here are the pictures of my set-up.Upload
Upload
Upload