Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-05-2008, 8:47 AM Reply   
I am kinda new to this boardersbestbuy.com. I am in the market for a new board. The first day I was on the site just so happened to be the day the Ronix One was $130. It was a shame it was only a 132. My question is do they often put boards up? If they do, are they rarely the 135-138 size range?

Anyone know of another site I can get a board from? Looking for LF Shane. Or anything else relatively similar.
Old     (airagain)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-05-2008, 8:52 AM Reply   
Bought two board from them. They have many different sizes. Call them directly and talk to them.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-05-2008, 8:58 AM Reply   
It is random from what I have seen. I would love to get a deal on a Shane or a Faction, but neither have come up. They also have good deals on the home website which is dwcboardshop.com
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-05-2008, 9:34 AM Reply   
Faction boards have come up numerous times but usually the board, bag, and boot combo, but for an unbelievable price.
Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-05-2008, 10:04 AM Reply   
Ive actually never seen a shane on their because of the way they usually sell out by the end of the season, if you want to see what else will most likely show up on boardersbestbuy go to boardersmall.com, theyll even have the stuff they didnt sell on bbb sometimes but just at slightly higher price
Old     (spade)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-05-2008, 11:00 AM Reply   
I got my Faction (just board and bag) for $170 shipped from bordersbestbuy.
Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-05-2008, 11:44 AM Reply   
Is the faction close to the shane? I have ridden the shane a few times and loved it.
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-05-2008, 11:58 AM Reply   
Faction and Shane are totally different boards.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-05-2008, 4:43 PM Reply   
I have seen a watson on there but never a shane....
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-05-2008, 6:23 PM Reply   
i have bought several items from them. Keep an eye out..
Otherwise, look at evogear.com; ebay.com; grizzly-sports.com; search google for what board you are looking for.. if you dig around long enough, you'll find a deal. I got a new 07 Hype Murray last month from Tommys cheap! They have a link on here
Old     (owaved)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-06-2008, 4:42 PM Reply   
www.boardersmall.com is owned/part of the same company as boardersbestbuy.com. Great deals. Great service. I've purchased a board, handle and line, and always look there first when looking.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-06-2008, 5:24 PM Reply   
just curious, do you guys not want to see and hold your equipment in person before you buy? As a board shop owner I'd suggest checking out your local shops. I have deals on old and current equipment that would blow away anything I have ever seen online.

And please don't respond with "I don't have a local shop". Whether it is 2 minutes or 2 hours from you, you have a local shop (shop that is closest to you). I'd hope that they would be more than happy to ship to you.

(Message edited by jon_a on April 06, 2008)
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-06-2008, 5:49 PM Reply   
Jon- No I dont check out the gear In person before I buy. The closest real shop is 4 hours away thats to far to drive. I just try and research as much as possible before I buy anything. I guess Its hit or miss, so far all the boards I've bought I've liked. I have tried to get shops to let me demo, but they wont ship.
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-06-2008, 6:38 PM Reply   
Jon,
Like Ethan, I got nothing closer than 3-4 hours. I have been to your shop and know you offer demos... but its 4 hours away. One would think we could have a shop in Jxn, MS... We had a small shop in the Tige dealership..but they closed this winter.. We have NO inboard dealer in Jxn now and therefore.. no shops. I would love to be able to come hold/try out first.. but, I find it easy with my schedule to hit a .com to get something shipped in.. I was out in Cali a month ago and went to a couple of awesome shops.. made me real jealous! Ultimate and Cope.. both had a great selection of the newest... plenty of closeout deals and knowledgeable staff.. I really enjoyed visiting with the staff in there.. something I DON"T get on a .com... Time for Jon to expand to Mississippi..HAHA
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-06-2008, 6:51 PM Reply   
got ya. I would hope other shops would do something similar to my demo program. If you know that you will be buying a board we ask that you do research and ask for my staff to assist you in finding a board that will fit you and your riding. After that we ask you to purchase the board and we will ship it to you if you are not local. If you do not like how the board rides just send it back and we will assist you in picking out a new one. Note: the board must be in perfect condition after being ridden. We will swap out until the rider is happy.

That program is open to anybody.
Old    sealyon.net            04-06-2008, 7:48 PM Reply   
B Webb, plan a weekend at Pickwick and come see us.We will be hosting our 2nd annual rail jam on June 7th. We also have a CWB demo day the weekend before on may the 31st. (free)
We do charge to demo our boards,but If you buy it we take it off the sale price.