Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 28, 2006

Old    tlinaustin            01-07-2006, 8:14 PM Reply   
Looked at a 1998 Centurion Elite V today. Overall the boat was nice and in good shape, with 230 hours. It has a tower and and a wake plate, but no ballast. Any opinions on Centurions in general and whether they are good boats. What do you think a boat like this is worth?
Old     (theoneandonly)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-07-2006, 9:49 PM Reply   
centurion makes a great boat i have a 04 avalanch great boat. but i have never riden behind a elite v. good construction and all that though
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-08-2006, 7:46 AM Reply   
I've got an 04 Centurion Lightning and I'm very happy with her. I think the Lightning is the same hull as the Elite V. The Elite V will be a good wake boarding boat but to get a quality wake you'll need to get to the equivalent of the stock triple ballast. The side tanks on my Lightning are 22 gallons, that’s about 180 pounds. I don’t know how big the center tank is but I suspect it’s the same size as the side tanks, it takes about the same time to fill. I don’t have experience with other wakeboard boats so I can’t compare wakes, but I’d say that the wake with a crew of three, driver watcher and boarder, and full stock ballast the wake is really very good.

I’ve been able to wake surf off the port side with stock blast and a crew of three. The wake surf wake is better of course with more ballast.

Is the wake plate on the elite v fixed or does it have Bennett trim controllers on it? I find that I set the trim to 0% for most wake boarding, but have to increase the trim to 100% for go-fast speeds. It may not be necessary if you don’t have ballast tanks.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-08-2006, 7:51 AM Reply   
Edward J. Sullivan (bigshow) is right the Elite V has been in the Centurion line for years and is a great boat and yes it has been called the Hurrican and the Lighning. My dealer has a great used 2002 for sale http://www.clarkboatmotor.com/detail.asp?product_id=FNEBused