Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (beachbum22)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-04-2007, 7:43 AM Reply   
Ok I got my new board – 2005 132 Blindside Flower – and I tried it out this weekend. I absolutely love it =) (although I only have my husbands board to compare it to haha!!)

Anyway, its handles well, although its not as forgiving, and I love to carve with it. Since I’m still a beginner, carving is my favorite thing to do right now =)

But the biggest thing that happened this weekend is I did my first surface 180!!! I really didn’t mean to do it. I did it when my father-in-law was driving which made it easier to do because he drives slower than my hubby. Well right after I got up I noticed the board felt “slippery” so I figured I’d give it a shot, I spun the board around and I stuck it!! But I can’t ride switch too well (I’m goofy foot) and I fell soon after. The look on my hubby’s face was so funny! He told me afterwards that first he couldn’t figure out what happened and then he couldn’t believe that I actually did it. (I had been talking about doing it forever!)

Right after I fell I tried the 180 again and managed to ride switch a little longer. It definitely is hard to learn but its just so much fun!!

Anyone else have any major achievements this weekend too? =)
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-04-2007, 2:18 PM Reply   
Great Job! you are definetly hooked!
Old     (beachbum22)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-05-2007, 5:22 AM Reply   
Yeah, I am definitely hooked! We go to the lake almost every weekend and I’m usually the first one on and the last one off the lake. I don’t care if its cold out, I have more important things to worry about, like staying up and learning new tricks! Haha =) Besides, our lake is so busy that early in the morning and at dusk is the only time when the water is like glass. During the day it’s so choppy that I feel like I’m on the damn ocean!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-06-2007, 7:33 PM Reply   
Went out yesterday,only saw 3 other boats! It was butter! Kids are back in school!Thats the perfect day. If you want to extend your season even more, get yourself a drysuit. We go until Nov. here in the PNW. Sometimes until Dec. First on Last off! Way cool, thats the way we do it!!!
Old     (beachbum22)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-07-2007, 3:21 AM Reply   
Thats right, I forgot kids went back to school. I'm going to have to take a day off this week and go!!

Oh yeah, I'm already looking at a long drysuit on ebay!
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-08-2007, 2:47 PM Reply   
congrats melissa! that's awesome!