Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-26-2007, 3:41 AM Reply   
Folks attending the Florida Supra/Moomba Jamboree liked the Piranha. It was used a lot.

Somehow, one of the fins was broken.

What is the correct replacement fins for this board and where does one get them?

Jerry - I got it right this time!
Old    surfdad            05-26-2007, 4:53 AM Reply   
Ed, you can tell us...was it a gator that got the fin? :-)

Jerry uses Future's fins. I'm sure that he can get you replacement fins. The base of the fin will have the style and size molded in - something like SB3 or G1 is the style and I do believe the depth will be molded in too something like 400 is a 4" fin. The size can also easily be determined by measuring from the top of the base to the tip - IF it was one of the side bites that was broken, measure the good one.

If the trailer was destroyed and there is no base left in the board, you'll probably want to check with Jerry to see what size he used in your board, I have seen most of the recent SS's with 3.25" trailers.

If you need the fin ASAP, no doubt you can find something at a local Ron Jon down your way.
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-26-2007, 6:10 AM Reply   
Thanks Jeff!

Local Ron Jon's? I always thought there was only one and it's located in Cocoa Beach. You have Ron Jon's in Calif?

I don't know what got the fin. I actually never saw it. The board went out with three fins and came back with two. I was told it was broken off.

My brother in law was one of the people using it at the time, so who knows what the true story is.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-26-2007, 6:21 AM Reply   
speaking of Ron Jon's, you don't happen to know anything about the park's progress, do you? (I would think they'll have the fin you need)
Old    surfdad            05-26-2007, 7:05 AM Reply   
You bet Ed,

There are several Ron Jon's - one in California down in Orange - I think the original is in New Jersey! :-)

Ahhh...your B-I-L that explains a lot. :-) I know about In-Laws from FL :-)
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-27-2007, 3:30 AM Reply   
Sean, no sorry. I know nothing about the park, but on Tuesday I'll be happy to try to find out something.

e
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-27-2007, 10:22 AM Reply   
sean, it's supposed to open in 2008.

here's a link:

http://www.ronjonsurfpark.com/
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-27-2007, 12:30 PM Reply   
2008?? So late :-)