Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-30-2003, 1:42 PM Reply   
A few weeks ago I mentioned on one of my posts that I have never riden in or behind an MB. John from Visalia, CA said that if I were ever in CA that he would be glad to give me a ride in his. I told him that I would be there in 2 weeks for the INT tourny. Blah blah blah... on Sunday I got to ride in his tricked out 2004 MB B52 w/ the 2 speed tranny. The wake was very impressive. Here are a few pics of John & his friends.
John
John

John
John
Jeremy
Jeremy
Another Jeremy
Another Jeremy
Carl
Carl

Thanks for the pull! If you are ever in NC......
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-30-2003, 2:49 PM Reply   
wow - is it just me or does that wake look w-i-d-e...?

pretty cool that you rode behind the earnhart boat!
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       09-30-2003, 2:51 PM Reply   
Looks like they might just be going slow?
Old    hyperryd            09-30-2003, 8:48 PM Reply   
That is a picture just after the boat started out. It was great having you out here Greg. I hope your family had a great time in Cali.
Here are a few wake pics at 22.5 MPH.

Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-30-2003, 8:53 PM Reply   
nice wake!
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-30-2003, 9:01 PM Reply   
The wake is definately solid with a great shape. Can't say enough good things about the boat. I loved the hydraulic lift on the rear hatch, that was a new one on me.

Are those pictures of Chad?
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-30-2003, 9:01 PM Reply   
wake looks pretty nice. What's weird is how different the right side looks from the left. It looks like the left side is clean 100ft back and the right, about 80. How much weight is in there?
Old    hyperryd            09-30-2003, 9:14 PM Reply   
Those are pics of my friend Randal. That is with the factory rear tanks full and three people in the boat. There was no front ballast. When the boat is full of people it gets huge.
I think that is just the way the pics came out, because it is pretty much the same on both sides.

(Message edited by hyperryd on September 30, 2003)
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-30-2003, 10:24 PM Reply   
Here is a pic of a buddie's '03 B-52. Few people in the boat, stock side ballast and some weight in the bow.

Keep in mind that I'm riding about 26 to 27 mph and 85 feet back.

ZD
Old    hlboatsnboards            10-01-2003, 8:57 AM Reply   
I would love to hear some thoughts on the 2 speed tranny. Half of me thinks it would be a flop and you wouldn't gain anything from it. Other half of me thinks its a REALLY cool idea that definately should be looked at by other manfactuers. Any unbiased opinions on this from people that have actually driven or ridden in the boat?

Bill
Old    hyperryd            10-01-2003, 10:03 AM Reply   
I am biased as I own one, but I think that any wakeboard boat that is over 4000 lbs with or without ballast will improve performance with it. It helps immensely getting out of the hole. It is nice if you have to slow down in a turn and speed up again quickly. It doesn't bog down near as much when surfing. It doesn't really have a downside other than cost and more moving parts, but most performance gains do. It does help out with MPG, since you aren't bogging down so much.

(Message edited by hyperryd on October 01, 2003)
Old    hlboatsnboards            10-01-2003, 10:28 AM Reply   
So will the boat actually shift into 2nd gear at wakeboard speeds with normal amounts of balast? By normal I guess I mean about 1500 or more. If so then I can definately see the difference with MPG. If not then at what speed can it shift at?

Bill
Old    hyperryd            10-01-2003, 10:33 AM Reply   
First gear is a "granny" gear to get out of the hole. Second is the regular gear in a single speed tranny.