Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (nebwake)      Join Date: May 2007       05-22-2007, 3:49 PM Reply   
03' malibu sportster with 1240#! cus its mine and im broke
Old     (hyperlite_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-22-2007, 4:47 PM Reply   
aint nothin wrong with a i/o. mine throws out an ok wake. tht was before we got 850 lbs in tha bow though. so now its preety darn good, especially for not paying a price you would for sum wakeboats
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-22-2007, 5:59 PM Reply   
loaded down Old XStar/X2/X1 (205V hull)
though i haven't ridin' behind a new XStar.
Old     (ken0909)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-22-2007, 8:29 PM Reply   
nautique 210 for sure
Old     (hfpesko)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-22-2007, 8:33 PM Reply   
my 05 v-ride with the wedge and im set :-)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-22-2007, 9:00 PM Reply   
Damn Ed, why is it so important for you to call Chris out. So what if he thought Epic was the best back then. Right now, his favorite wake is a produced by a Malibu. That's what the thread is about.

My favorite wake used to be the X1. I swore for years is was the best. Then I rode a properly weighted Xstar and my tastes changed.

And so what if sponsored (or potentially sponsored) riders are promoting the companies that support them. That's what they're supposed to do! I do it all the time.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-22-2007, 9:11 PM Reply   
I'v only ridden behind 2 wake boats. My malibu LSV and a Mastercraft X2. I liked the LSV better by far because I can take all my speed up through the ramp and get launched.
Old     (abhoe157)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-22-2007, 9:14 PM Reply   
My boats wake, an 01 San
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-23-2007, 8:13 AM Reply   
205v/old xstar/old x2/x1 -You guys know the story, same hull different names. It hasn't gone away, and I hope it never does.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-23-2007, 8:15 AM Reply   
J-rod,this is what I hate when people do.See how you mentioned the X-1.....I haven't heard squat like that from Chris and STILL have not responded but you and Jason for him.You are about giving people with skillz on a wakeboard slack and you want to be their friend,me I look for character...eF your skillz,any slacker could be good at wakeboarding,just need a sponsor to support what he/they do.Hell,if I was riding since I was a teen and getting daddy or somebody to pick up the tab,you would want to be my friend right now b/c I'd be killing it to.

quote:

And so what if sponsored (or potentially sponsored) riders are promoting the companies that support them. That's what they're supposed to do! I do it all the time.

And this is the same reason you get people calling you guys out saying C.wb I.s E.verything means certain things instead of what it really is?

I'm about keeping it real.I promote the product that I like best and would appreciate the same from everybody else.

CWB I would love to ride and tell everybody to go get one but in reality I DON'T....why you ask?

b/c I think there is better product out there tho that new Transcend is something I would like to try again behind a wake I'm familiar with.I think they got something going there.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-23-2007, 8:39 AM Reply   
Big Ed chill we all know who's opinions we respect and who's pushing a product and who is just full of it. Personally I really like most things that the CIE crowd say. I usually take the CWB stuff with a grain of salt. I'm think that some or alot of them are sponsored by CWB I could be wrong. I listen to what others say who seem to have a more balanced opinion on equipment but even then it's just the internet. No need to get all worked up.
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-23-2007, 9:14 AM Reply   
The outcome of these types of threads are so predictable: it always ends in a pissing match. There will never be one boat, one wake that everyone will agree is the best. We all have different preferences, styles, abilities, etc. Properly weight what you have, get in the water, and have fun.
Old     (rkinsell)      Join Date: May 2005       05-23-2007, 11:08 AM Reply   
87' Barefoot Nautique with a 55 gal drum filled with water in place of the back seat and multiple sand bags on the floorboards and stuffed in the bow + 5 people......not joking
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-23-2007, 11:56 AM Reply   
I've ridden behind a lot of boats over the years. Some really impressed me, others left me wondering what the hype was about. I've got some consistent favorites and am completely stoked by the X-star we've got right now, but I can put together a list of the wakes I've had great sets behind. How your set goes has a lot more to do with how you're feeling that day than what wake you are riding. Here goes..... Some of my favorites (and there wont be any suprises).

-New X-star (The Bonecrusher... LOL!)
-Old X-star, X1, X2 (I ridden behind a bunch and haven't found a bad one yet)
-SAN (again, I've ridden behind a ton. Some good, some not so good)
-Calabria (the big daddy, slammed... huge rampy wake)
-Malibu LSV (I've ridden a couple of the generations and loved them all)
-Sanger DLX/V210 (great boats..... nuff said)
-Sanger 215 (smoooooth.... love that boat)

I'm sure there are a bunch more that I missed. These are the ones that really come to mind. Like I said, some of it has to do with how I was feeling the day I rode behind a particular boat. I could easily go and say that I'd take any of these boats as my daily ride.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-23-2007, 11:57 AM Reply   
I guess that's pretty much the same list I gave before, but with a bit more insight....
Old     (chris_williams)      Join Date: May 2007       05-23-2007, 11:58 AM Reply   
Big Ed? Lets just go hang out and ride sometime. I'm sure we'd have a fun day! As far as Epic goes, yes I love thier boat, I love what thier all about and thier wake is giant and sick. I love Malibu boats too and I love the x1 if that's the same wake as the prostar 205. Big Ed the truth is yes I got on the water a decent amount growing up but not like alot of people. 2 days a week has always been average but not anymore. Lately I'm trying to dig myself out of all the trouble I got into the past 2-3 years and it's hard. I'm flat broke and get lucky to get to ride one 20 minute session a week these days. I couldn't even afford to get to the last two local contests(Canyon/Paradise) that I wanted to hit up and trust me man, I wanna be there bad. So when you say pick up the tab, ef your skillz, call me a slacker. You haven't been in my shoes nor have I been in yours! I bet you get to ride more than me so appreciate that bud cuz it sux when all you wanna do is ride and you can't.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-23-2007, 3:02 PM Reply   
Chris - You have made statements and then I asked you how you came to that assumption and you don't reply. I think that that is what is frustrating. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but when someone asks how you came to your's or why do you feel that way you should be able to say I think this because... When I say you I mean anyone.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-23-2007, 3:30 PM Reply   
Chris,Was that hard...?

I guess a little late but definitely better then never.1st of all,I didn't call you a slacker or anybody in particular,I just said that having skillz has a lot to do of how much a person rides and how much they love the sport.Also how early they learned to wakeboard.I've have been lucky enough to meet some young rippers that got a GOOD head on their shoulders and great attitude.Some I didn't get a chance to meet their parent but only tells me how wonderful they are just by the reflection of their kids.

Just be real when you post and I would NEVER have a problem with you.Truth is when you were saying all that stuff about the Epic and people were telling you you were full of it....I seen your passion and believed every word you said even tho it was a little out there but to me it didn't matter,the passion was there(at least I thought)

I wish I rode as much as you dude....you are with that statement.I have been riding for 3 years now and the most I EVER rode was 5 sets a week and not to even mention last year,MAYBE once a month.....horrible!

I'm sorry for the stuff you are going through and if it will help,I will give you free pulls when we ride......Take care of yourself!
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-27-2007, 12:03 PM Reply   
Those of you who say that you like malibu wakes do you use the wedge or not?
Old     (seangriswold)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-28-2007, 1:01 PM Reply   
gotta go with the MB B52 V23 2000lb ballast 200lb of lead and a boat full of people and gas! Like the VLX wake loaded down with the wedge too!