Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (tktige)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-14-2004, 3:33 PM Reply   
I just put a new Kenwood 800watt amp to drive my tower speakers but now my sub won't work. I left the sub on the factory Clarion 4channel amp and used the pass thought on it to send the signal to my new amp. My new amp is working fine and sounds great. I know the old Clarion amp works it worked fine before. any help. TK
Old     (mdan)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-14-2004, 4:06 PM Reply   
on the same note,
I installed a deafcon 3 setup today running off my xmd1 clarion head unit. I amped them to a kicker 4 channel 460 amp. The whole system cranks up to about 16 on the volume level, then cuts out and restarts the power? what am I doing wrong? Is the head unit not powerfull enought for the amp and speakers? or is the gain on the amps too high for the head unit? I am baffled? help me out, I am going to the lake this weekend.

thanks,
Mike
2001 san
Old     (tktige)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-14-2004, 7:21 PM Reply   
I tried another brand new amp and still no luck getting my sub to work.

Its a stock Clarion 300watt sub.
Any help would be great!!

TK
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-14-2004, 8:26 PM Reply   
TK,
Can you avoid the pass thru and hook the 2nd amp up with rca's straight from the deck? Monster Car audio makes y-adaptor cables if you only have 1 pre-out on your deck.
Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-16-2004, 6:58 PM Reply   
Possibly Fuse for the amp? I don't know about clarion amps but my experience has been that all "pass through" rca outs are passive meaning that it is not powered. You can get a small aa battery and connect the sub speaker wires to see if the sub moves, a quick touch on each end of the battery with the wires (one wire to + and the other wire to -)will show you if the sub is good. If the sub moves you have amp issues.
Old    jimmydager101            05-16-2004, 7:33 PM Reply   
Hey, I had a similar problem but not exactly. My suggestion would be take a look at your power. If it is turning up to a certain level, turning off, and then restarting, that makes me think that once you get up to a certain volume level, you are drawing too much power from your battery and it is turning off. Are you just running one battery for your whole system? if so, you may want to think about adding another. Just my two cents.
Jimmy