Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (fischris)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-19-2010, 10:50 AM Reply   
Sorry to ask this basic question :How to wiring a 2 channel amp with 4 bullet hollowpoints
My amp is a Hifonics Zeus ZXI9000( 2X300W AT 4 ohms and 1x900w bridged at 4 ohms)
This amp is not stable to run in 2ohms!
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-19-2010, 10:54 AM Reply   
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-19-2010, 11:55 AM Reply   
Dont know a thing about the Hookedonfonics amp, but if it can be bridged with a 4 Ohm load, then why would it not be stable at 2 Ohm's per chnl? I'm guesseing it would be 450 watts x 2 @ 2 Ohm!
Old     (fischris)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-19-2010, 12:45 PM Reply   
Steve thank you for your answer but there is only one chanel!...
what can i do with the other?
Mike thank's too I can bridge the amp for a subwoofer but for speakers?
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-19-2010, 1:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fischris View Post
Steve thank you for your answer but there is only one chanel!...
what can i do with the other?
Mike thank's too I can bridge the amp for a subwoofer but for speakers?
Steve's diagram is intended for bridging, and yes, you can bridge speakers as they are just smaller subwoofers....or is it that subwoofers are just big speakers. It's probably safe to say that your 2 chnl is a full-range amp, so it will work with speakers or subs.

Just to clarify, my replay wasn't about bridging, but drawing the conclusion that the amp is indeed 2 Ohm stable based on the fact that it shows a bridged spec. Bridging with a 4 Ohm load puts a 2 ohm load on each chnl, therefor, i'd say that amp is stable at 2 Ohm. So I see no issue in running your 4 speaker off that 2 chnl amp - 1 pair wired parallel on one chnl and the other pair wired parallel on the other chnl. Based on the specs you posted, that would net 225 watts to each speaker.
Old     (fischris)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-19-2010, 2:20 PM Reply   
I do that in parallel but after 5 minutes I ear a noise in one pair - after a short stop all is now ok and after 5 minutes the bad noise is back....That's why i say it's not stable in 2 ohmes...May be i'm wrong
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-19-2010, 2:26 PM Reply   
http://www.maxxsonics.net/manuals/hi...fierManual.pdf

Manual says 2 ohm stable. You probably need to read an article on how to properly set amp gains.
Old     (fischris)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-20-2010, 12:31 AM Reply   
Thaks all for your answers!
I try the "mono bridge" solution to stay in 4 ohmes