Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (tommy_piper)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-06-2008, 8:15 AM Reply   
What was once our own little gem of a lake is now overcrowded by jetskis,bassboats,basically anything that will pull. Anyone else feeling the mainstream blues? Some dumb lady kept driving the line of the lake round and around about 20 feet from shore-between other vessels and the shore.Question-at a private lake with just 20 or so landowners, what can you do when people are endangering others? Besides flashing them a you're number one sign with your middle finger. These people are so messed up that even a short conversation with them to try and educate them a little ends up with them being asses and trying to turn other landowners against you. Its to the point that I can even show up at daybreak, but as soon as they hear the engine, here comes the 12 year olds on jetskis!! WTF
Old     (mitch35)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-06-2008, 12:35 PM Reply   
petition..have the community do a petition and go to city hall and try to figure something out to regulate sections on the lake for other peoples safety.

It bums me out when I ride or see other riders having a great time then there are jet skiers who have no clue and are right behind you ..

what happens if the rider falls? do the jet ski people know what to do to avoid?there should be some sort of rules.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-06-2008, 1:43 PM Reply   
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Good luck getting that passed. That will be tough.
Old     (mitch35)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-06-2008, 3:05 PM Reply   
its a private lake so it wont be as hard but it will be tough. but there are a lot of lakes that has sections for jet skiers and just boaters. or sometimes they dont allow jetskies at all.
Old     (horchem1)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-07-2008, 9:46 AM Reply   
Wait...get a petition for what? So jetskiers can't ride there? Really.....so wakeboarders are the new slalom skiers? This sentence "What was once our own little gem of a lake is now overcrowded by jetskis,bassboats,basically anything that will pull. Anyone else feeling the mainstream blues?" sounds like Tommy is more concerned about having to share the lake than safety.....so which is it? Believe me...spending two years riding Folsom Lake CA (where it gets choppy after 9 AM)....no one appreciates glass more than me but I'm not buying that wakeboarders have any more right to a lake (private or otherwise) than anybody else....again do we really want to be like all the cry baby slalom skiers?

And thus concludes my soap box time.....thank you!! ha ha
Old     (tommy_piper)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-09-2008, 8:10 AM Reply   
Tuber Joe? Idiots on the lake are my concern, everyone is endangered including wakeboarders, I didn't say one word about it being "my lake" it said "our little gem" . My gripe is clueless asses who don't know what sharing a lake is.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-09-2008, 8:55 AM Reply   
For the record I've seen nearly as many clueless wakeboard drivers as clueless jetskiers.... be careful what you wish for
Old     (adrenalindustries)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-09-2008, 9:31 AM Reply   
Tommy,
I agree with ya man. I don't get why people are aloud on that lake with idiots... I have seen so many accidents... You should be able to go to the lake and enjoy yourself and not have to worry about someone jumping in the water and getting ran over! thats some serious shiz right there.
Old     (horchem1)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-09-2008, 9:32 AM Reply   
No Tommy...not a tuber, I'm a wakeboarder....although that can probably be debated!!! ha ha

Gangstar is right....everyone is at fault.