Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-14-2011, 11:48 AM Reply   
Who is going and what's the setup like? I didn't make it last year, so I'm wondering what it takes to get to the event if I drive to the marina. Will I have to hitchhike?
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-14-2011, 5:43 PM Reply   
Depending on what time you arrive i'm sure you could get someone to ferry you out to the site. I know last year we helped out a bunch of hitchhikers from the dock or back to the dock a few different times. It's a pretty busy place during the event so I think you could make out fine. I'll get a couple of my buddies phone numbers and post them up so if you can't find a ride i would be happy to come pick you up. Beware of very limited cell phone coverage in the area, mine didn't work at all last year but a couple guys on my crew had OK coverage. It would be cool to meet the legend behind Wakeworld, maybe I could trade a hitch for an autograph. Try and make it... it's worth the drive.
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-14-2011, 5:47 PM Reply   
With My Amazing Paint Skills.... The X was where they held the comp last year....

Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-14-2011, 5:47 PM Reply   
Dave... try 309-314-1167
or 563-529-3754
or 563-529-5896

Just ask for Brett and tell em it's Dave from Wakeworld and i'll run right over to pick u up. There's plenty of room on the different houseboats to accomodate you.
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-14-2011, 5:51 PM Reply   
and yes.... Ill be there....