Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (goatboy)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-26-2010, 8:23 AM Reply   
So the weather has taken an unexpected turn for the better for a few days in the UK and the water temps at my local cable have rocketed, I'm not feeling man enough to go just boardies and vest yet so I was going to invest in a shortie (shorty?) wetsuit, but I'm not sure what to get.

For my winter suit I wear an O'neil pyshco II which is fantastic but I wasn't sure if its worth just getting a real cheap £30 ($40) shorty or if I should spend a bit more £60+ ($80-$100) and get something a bit more serious.

It makes sense to spend a lot on a winter suit so you get good seals and seams but I'm not sure it matters so much for something for the summer....

Any thoughts anyone

Alternatively I could just grow some and get out there without a wetsuit...
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-26-2010, 9:20 AM Reply   
I wanted a long sleeve spring for awhile and finally got one this past fall. I went to a large surfshop and tried on every one they had. Each felt a little different and I ended up with the O'neill Gooru L/S Spring. I'd suggest spending a little more, especially if you will use it frequently. I've used it a ton this year and it is the most comfortable thing I've ever worn. I still use it in the summer for the early AM dawn patrol sets, its awesome.

I bought it cuz I could never really stand just a heater shirt, I mean if I'm going to wear something, might as well protect the nuts a little bit while I'm at it. While looking cool isn't the most important thing, I'd recommend a long sleeve over a short sleeve.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-26-2010, 9:39 AM Reply   
I have been using a $40 3/2 shorty by Oneil for years and it gets the job done. I usually wear a rash guard underneath for a little extra comfort.
Old     (goatboy)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-27-2010, 12:12 AM Reply   
Cheers guys, looks like I need to do some shopping!
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-27-2010, 5:39 AM Reply   
Spend a little extra dough. It never hurts to have a good wetsuit. If it gives you some extra time in the water, its definitely worth it.
Old     (goatboy)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-27-2010, 7:28 AM Reply   
Well I went for a Mid range suit, blind stitched and glued seams, so hopefully it will be OK.
allegedly half price at £50 ($70) Should be better than the $40 suits I was thinking about....

Thanks for all your advice!