Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (summer)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-23-2007, 6:22 PM Reply   
Hello!
I'm new to riding and would like to learn. I'm not sure which board is better for me start out on. I'm torn between the O'Brien Vixon and the Liquid Force Diva Board.
Any opinions between the two or if you think another board is cool.
Thanks for your help!
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-24-2007, 3:59 PM Reply   
Any chance you can demo some boards before you buy? That's the best way to go and most places would give you a credit on the demo fee toward a board purchase. And hey - welcome to wakeboarding!
Old     (greg_sa)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-26-2007, 4:58 AM Reply   
It depends on your height and weight...

I wouldn't buy a total beginner board, rather get something that won't stop you progressing.

What about the Liquid Force Melissa? Its a nice setup. Or what about the Substance 134? It is a very well liked board for the last few years. You can choose guy boards too... more variety

My girlfriend rides the 2006 Cadence 134 (same as the Substance).
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-26-2007, 9:01 AM Reply   
Try and demo as much boards as yuo can... even if its not the same thing youre gonna get, try to demo different types... continuous and 3 stage rockers, different fin setups etc so you can get an idea about what you like. The new LF Diva has the omega mold which is what ben greenwood rode last year, so its hardly a just for beginners board.

I recently got a chance to try the LF Melissa and its a great board. It has good pop and super soft landings... they were very soft even though I was riding on very choppy water. I ride the LF Cadence and would highly recommend the substance...

I havent had a chance to try the new LF Jett but Ive only heard good things about it.

What is your height and weight? that will determine what size board to get...
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-26-2007, 9:02 AM Reply   
I also ride the 2006 Cadence 134 and love it! It is an awesome board, and it was my first board too. Great to learn on but I also have been able to progress with it.

Good luck!!
Old     (summer)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-26-2007, 6:43 PM Reply   
I am around 5'4 average 130 pounds.
I have no idea how to try out boards. I may call around and see about that. I had no idea I could buy the Guy boards.There are so many cool boards out there for the boys.
Thank you for all of the tips. I'm going to decide on something and sign up for a ski class here in town. I'm quite excited to get out there.
Thank you!
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-27-2007, 9:57 AM Reply   
a "ski" class? no, no, and no! ride! i ride the LF substance 138 (guy's board) and love it. to try out boards, just call the board/boat shops that carry wakeboards and tell them you want to demo some boards. they'll set you up with a board and bindings. then you can let them know what you like/don't like about the set up and they can help you decide on a board that's good for you.
Old     (ambie)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-29-2007, 8:30 AM Reply   
I went from the 134 sudstance(cadence) to the 136 jett. It os a step up from the cadence but all the girls on the team who were on the cadence have gone onto ride the Jett. It is a great board!
Keep an eye ut for Maven sessions in your area where you can try any board you like.
Old    wakejjboard12            03-29-2007, 11:53 AM Reply   
i'm a fan of guys boards also... i ride the premier 131 & 136
Old     (wakegirl12)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-31-2007, 7:04 PM Reply   
I ride the Liquid Force Diva..and I really like it. I just got it, but so far, it rides very nicely.

(Message edited by wakegirl12 on March 31, 2007)
Old     (summer)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-31-2007, 7:11 PM Reply   
Morgan,
How do you like your bindings. I see you ride the Element bindings.
Old     (futurerx)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-02-2007, 1:14 PM Reply   
i agree with greg..this is my second year riding and i have a substance 138 with sphinx bindings..we got a great deal from grizzly sports..it's a men's board, but i'm not a skinny girl and i liked the longer length and stability of the men's version..have fun!!