Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old    jzwake            03-01-2004, 9:36 AM Reply   
Has anyone modified the neck seal on their Boost Drysuit to make it fit better. I just got a 04 suit and the Neo neck seal is beyond tight, much tighter then my old latex Seal or my friends Boost from 01. I'm trying to stretch it out some now but it doens;t seem like its going to work well.

(Message edited by jzwake on March 01, 2004)
Old    dubers            03-01-2004, 11:56 AM Reply   
You can trim the neck on the Boost drysuit. Do it with a sharp razor, and only cut a little at a time until you get it to fit the way you want. It's $25 for a new neck seal to be put on if you cut too much off.
Old    jammeejamm            03-01-2004, 2:08 PM Reply   
i know what you mean, i feel like crap when i have it on because i feel like i am going to throw up. but when i am actually on the water, it does not bother me at all. i guess it is all in the mind. either way, i would rather choke a bit than get that cold water inside! and besides, i am too scared to cut my $300 suit.
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-01-2004, 3:33 PM Reply   
I sent mine back for a Bare Ultradry so that I could resize the neck. But when it arrived it was fine.

But..they say to stretch them over something like a coffee can when you cut the seal, but I didn't think you could cut the O'neils? Maybe just stretching out the seal on the can would be a good start before you cut?
Old    dubers            03-01-2004, 3:54 PM Reply   
Most of the time you don't need to cut the neck on the Boost because the neoprene seal is a little less constrictive than latex. I understand you would be nervous to take a razor to a $300+ suit. We do leave the top of the neck seal unfinished so you can trim it to fit you neck size. I work for O'Neill as a CSR so feel free to ask any questions you have about your suit
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-01-2004, 4:37 PM Reply   
I guess the Bare must be sized bigger in the neck compared to the O'neil as the boost was considerably more restrictive for me.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-01-2004, 5:16 PM Reply   
It may be different on the 04 but on my 03 Boost there is a cross stitch on each side that locks the end of the vertical blind stitch. If the 04 has this stitch, DON'T cut it or the blind stitch will come apart and it will not be covered under warranty because you modified it.
Old     (larry6)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-01-2004, 9:17 PM Reply   
Wake uppppp is correct I have the 04 and a buddy of mine was pointing this out when we went out this weekend. Guess I will have to take it in to get cut and re-stiched if I want it a little looser. I do have an 03 Bare but I think the boost is a little nicer just my 02...