Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-26-2008, 9:55 AM Reply   
A few kids at the INT comp were using a lace up brace under the bindings. I have a bad ankle and sometimes it gets jacked. I think that this would help alot. Is anyone else using these if so how about a little info on how hard it is to get in the binding with the brace on.
Old     (troylaw)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-26-2008, 10:44 AM Reply   
I USE ONE...I DONT RIDE CWB BINDINGS...BUT NO PROBLEMS WITH ENTRY.IT DOES SEEM TO HELP...MAYBE ALL MENTAL BUT WHO CARES IT HELPS...SORRY BOUT ALL CAPS

(Message edited by troylaw on August 26, 2008)
Old     (dreamrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-26-2008, 4:32 PM Reply   
When I played football some of my friends messed up their ankles and wore those braces over socks with football cleats on. I'm pretty sure you can get into your boots pretty easy with the brace. You might have to loosen them a little more to get in, but you shouldn't have a problem.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-26-2008, 5:43 PM Reply   
I've tried it, and it wasn't that easy to get in and out of the bindings. I'm sure it will eventually tear the bindings up.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-26-2008, 6:04 PM Reply   
With new bindings these days you shouldn't have a problem really as they're so easy to get on and off. I wore a brace with rubber wrap style bindings and what a pain it was.
If I needed to I would have no problems putting ankle braces on and getting in my Cells.
Old     (tan)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-26-2008, 6:58 PM Reply   
I did it with no problems, easy to get in and out. The answers are the way to go Squid
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-26-2008, 8:21 PM Reply   
slingshot boots actually are made with ankle harness things that wrap around the inner liner, totaly awesome boots... so i am sure you can do it with any bindings too
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       08-26-2008, 10:50 PM Reply   
Josh uses the McDavid A101R ankle brace in his Answer bindings on both ankles. Jeremy uses the same brace on one ankle. Josh started using Hinge-Tech, because they were the only bindings that he could get the braces in without great difficulty. I highly recommend the McDavid A101R brace. It has nylon stiffeners in it that provide pretty good support. After three serious ankle injuries this brace is the one that gave enough stability and support to keep the kid on the water.
Josh says that the Answer bindings are the best bindings ever. My biggest concern is that with the braces on, he never comes out of his bindings. Long term goal is to strengthen the ankles to the point that braces are no longer necessary.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-27-2008, 8:08 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the in put. I use 3ds bindings and sometimes there just isnt enough support. Peter I will look into the McDavid A101R ankle brace. Tanner how ya been?
Old     (troylaw)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-27-2008, 8:14 AM Reply   
btw I use 07 ct watsons
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-27-2008, 2:19 PM Reply   
I sprained my ankle bout 6 months ago and I went wakeboarding three days later wearing a lace up ankle brace underneath my '08 Zues'. Honestly it worked so well I forgot that my ankle was sprained during my sets... u can still kind of feel it if u land out in the flats. I agree with Peter though... I caught my heel edge super hard and only one binding ejected. That was prolly the most painful fall I had taken in wakeboarding...