Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Dizel)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-21-2012, 6:36 PM Reply   
I am wondering before I try to hook up this bad boy if anyone notices a difference and if it adds higher quality sound to your system? I have the double up on the tower and 6 wet sounds in the boat along with a 10" WS sub. I question this because one amp SYN4 runs the 4 inboat speakers and the sub. While another SYN4 runs my tower speakers. My head unit runs the 2 bow speakers.

Will it benefit my system? I was looking for more bass control. Since my sub is on my inboat speakers I will have no bass when I shut them off or down while surfing etc. Any suggestion would be great.

How should I wire?

Kinda of disappointed with this system thus far.... By the way I have a 2012 MB F21 Tomcat...
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-21-2012, 6:44 PM Reply   
I cant tell you how to hook it up but it will make controlling your system a breeze. I'll bet you a donut hole the first time you use the Mic/PA you'll have a sh#@ eatting grin. I love the WS420 and cant imagine not having it.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-21-2012, 7:02 PM Reply   
Put shortly, yes.

Sound may or may not be better if you don't tune it correctly, but the improvement in control over your system will be much better. Every one of my customers that have seen these has bought one, and none have regretted spending the money.
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-21-2012, 7:08 PM Reply   
I just added it to my system, along with some other upgrades, and am glad I did. Much more control, and allows for better adjustments and sound quality.

Just hook it up and be done with it.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-21-2012, 7:18 PM Reply   
get it, you will love it. i have one and will never have a system without it, the pa is stupid fun, adds alot of laughs during the day
Old     (Dizel)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-21-2012, 7:30 PM Reply   
I agree with you guys on control and the PA does sound fun... Any one have ideas on how the wiring should be done with my setup? The instructions are for three RCAs/amps- boat, tower, sub. Which doesn't help me much.
Old    Haugy            05-21-2012, 7:54 PM Reply   
I'm an audio idiot. And I'm very sure that if I hadn't purchased the WS-420 I wouldn't have been able to tune it as easily as I did.
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-21-2012, 8:03 PM Reply   
Correct me if I'm wrong....
Can't you run 2 sets of RCA's from the 420 to the Syn4 powering in-boats and sub, one for the in-boats on the rear channel and the other set for the sub on the front channel?
Bridge the front channel for the sub. Stereo high pass with mono sub.....page 5. http://www.wetsounds.com/media/produ...ser_Manual.pdf
I'd like to see you get those 2 bow speakers off the headunit too, which in-boats do you have?
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-21-2012, 8:03 PM Reply   
Disconnect the bow speakers, they probably sound horrible off the head unit anyway.

In-boat - syn4 channels powering the "in-boat" speakers
tower - syn4 powering the towers
sub - input channels that the sub is on
it's not that hard. Then switched power, ground, and remote turn-on.
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-21-2012, 8:05 PM Reply   
How is the double up setup wired?
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-21-2012, 8:10 PM Reply   
John, can he wire the 6 in-boats in a combo of series and parallel to drop, then raise the ohm load back to the stable ohm load of the amp?
Am I making sense?
To add to what John mentioned about adding a third amp, don't forget to add a relay for the remote wire.

Last edited by scottnaz; 05-21-2012 at 8:13 PM.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-22-2012, 1:04 AM Reply   
Probably, but that depends on whether or not the speakers match. Better off adding a dedicated sub amp.
Old     (Dizel)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-22-2012, 4:46 AM Reply   
In boat speakers are all WS xs65's.