Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-21-2010, 11:50 PM Reply   
So, I'm sure a few of you remember Gauntlet, and the follow up video we were making here at Virginia Tech called Gnarcolepsy. Well, Edan Fletcher (the other film guy in the club) and I decided that due to the high costs and obscene amounts of stress that come with creating a DVD, to repurpose the Gnarcolepsy idea into a blog for Virginia Tech Wakeboarding that was posted up here a little while ago so that you could follow us at nationals.

Anyways, the real purpose behind the blog is to make videos of the riders that are up to date, since all of the guys we were filming for Gnarcolepsy were either impossible to film enough to have a bunch of solid footage due to budget limitations on travel, or they were progressing too much to keep the riding footage up to date. Anyways, the footage from last year that was being used for Gnarcolepsy is being edited up now and put onto the blog. A bunch of these guys actually weren't from VT, but on account of the fact that they're friends with all of the VT guys, they get filmed too.

So anyways, without further ado and boring you, check out the 3 videos I've put together of these riders at Gnarcolepsy!

Or alternatively, I could throw them up on here embedded, but I figure you'll want the actual blog link instead so that if you do find them enjoyable, you can keep on checking it out from time to time.

The footage clearly isn't of Norbi quality (it seems like his vids are the only ones showing up here these days, so it's nerve wracking trying to decide if this stuff is worthwhile posting, haha. YOU HEAR THAT NORBI, YOU'RE INTIMIDATING. Lol, jk dude), and some of it can get shaky (in part due to me not being able to keep my tiny camera super steady and also because of sometimes crappy water conditions and long distance chaseboat shots that had to be zoomed in) since I was stretching to find enough different tricks to keep the video's fresh and not a bunch of repeats. Also, we could not get good weather for filming last year for the life of us, it was annoying.

So once again, enjoy Gnarcolepsy.

(Dave, sorry if you don't want blogs promoted on this site like this. If you want anything changed to fit with rules better or something, just let me know! Or you could kill the thread yourself, haha.)