Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-18-2008, 10:34 PM Reply   
So today I took a lesson and at the beginning of the day on the way I was excited about trying new things and progressing and after the first set the guy was like alright we need to work on your technique. He said I flatten my board off as I go up the wake and that that kills all of my pop. So after many frustrating hours I apparently start doing it right and I'm getting absolutely no air what so ever and not to mention an unreal amount of line tension. I asked how that could be right without getting any air and he said I would figure out the pop later, which I didn't.

It felt like I was slicing right through the wake and if i tried extending hard with my legs to get pop it felt like i was playing tug of war with the boat and still not getting higher. There was so much line tension if had time to grab my board i couldn't.

So I give up on technique. I have fun wakeboarding even if I let off my edge, I feel like it doesn't kill my pop at all, I ride behind a ski boat and I have plenty of time to tweak grabs and land strong. I don't have fun however slicing through the wake only getting two feet of air even if it is more correct.

So how many of you are out there like o my god why won't this kid listen and edge through the wake?

I probably never will, yet I still feel like I'm progressing, and since I don't plan on going pro, I'm gonna just ride from now on and do my own thing. If it works I don't see how it can be that wrong.