Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (tp83)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-02-2008, 6:43 PM Reply   
Anyone have a recommendation for a window tint shop to get the windsheild of my boat tinted? Preferably Redwood City to Santa Clara area but if its a good shop i may travel a bit. Hopefully i can get this done before our trip out the 26th.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-02-2008, 6:47 PM Reply   
i know santa rosa may be far but the tint shop named "a shade darker" does boats all the time and are good.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-02-2008, 6:49 PM Reply   
here's the my space page. check them http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=513 34600
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-02-2008, 10:42 PM Reply   
My discount for WWers applies if you are willing to make the drive to Sacramento. Just did a fellow WWers CLK convertible today! We had 3 boats dropped off today but not for tint. Do you have the one piece side windows? Let me know if I can help.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-03-2008, 8:46 AM Reply   
Just saw this...see my thread above "A quick Thank You"....

Ben's shop does great work.
Old     (tp83)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-03-2008, 2:50 PM Reply   
thanks, i'll check those places out. Ben, how long does it take to apply a window tint? our trip we leave on the 26th but i could go by sac and add a couple hours to the trip.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-03-2008, 9:09 PM Reply   
Tim (Meathead) - Thanks for the shout out. I think your wife's Mercedes looked pretty mean after the tint.

Taylor - To confirm, your wind shield is like this?

Upload

Since is is a one piece side window it is time consuming. I do not like to seam window film. We do it all in one piece. The best way for the Malibus is the take the wind shield off but it is not necessary. I would like to have the boat for a 3/4 to a full day to be safe. Our tinter might be able to get it done in 3 hours But I always like to have customers boats for the day. I would hate to delay your trip at all. Let me know if you want to spend a day in Sac (old sac, mall, movie....).
Old     (tp83)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-04-2008, 2:23 PM Reply   
Ben, sounds pretty good i'll see what it would take to get the boat up there and if we can do it before out trip, so far we seem pretty tied up but i'll find out. and you have a PM
Old     (burbanized)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-04-2008, 3:49 PM Reply   
Auto Image in Belmont 650-631-0559

Jeff is the tint master