Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                08-05-2004, 4:47 AM Reply   
as a fairly new rider, i am having a hell of a time with ts w2w jumps. hs w2w 180's are coming along but the ts feels so goofy to me. is this normal. any feedback would help.
Old                08-05-2004, 6:34 AM Reply   
remember, everything has to be more exaggerated toeside because you are standing sideways. For me, I try to get right on my toes and face the back of the boat. Bring the handle to your butt. When you cut heelside, your handle is in front of you. WHen you cut toeside, your handle should be behind you right? Also remember, a toeside jump requires holding your edge through the wake just like heelside jumps. Do not let up!

You'll get the hang of it! I rode for a almost 2 seasons before I started jumping toeside. My first season I didn't jump. My second season I only jumped heelside. Then I tried toeside and failed miserably. I took a 15 min lesson at a ski school near me... and after that I was toeside jumping. NOW my toeside jumps are actually more consistent than my heelside! I tend to not have a good progressive edge when I jump heelside. Toeside though feels mroe comfortable.

Have fun! It's hard to get at first, but once you get the hang of it... it's an awsome feeling
Old                08-05-2004, 8:25 AM Reply   
thanks for that. i think handle position may be my problem. the board wants to point back toward the boat when i am in the air and therefor i slide out and totally spaz trying to keep balanced. must be handle position.
Old                08-05-2004, 12:31 PM Reply   
I used to do the same thing. I read something that said that you are either looking back towards the boat, or looking down at the water. It said to pick something out in the horizon, or shoreline in the direction you are heading, not the way the boat is heading, and try to focus on that. Also, let go with your rear hand. I tried those tips, and they worked for me.
Old     (erik)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-04-2004, 4:13 PM Reply   
it's gonna be awkward until you start getting comfortable with the pull. keep charging ts and remember to keep the handel in close and don't jump at the wake. good luck.
Old     (davidbouvier)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-04-2004, 6:21 PM Reply   
If you let go with the rear hand, make sure it's just for the landing. if you let go too early, you're going to lose your line tension and pop. it's best to learn to keep both hands on the handle all the way through. when in the air give the handle a little pull to your font butt cheek. this will actually give you a tiny backside shift. keep the handle in as close as possible and land with two hands. it will help in the long run. if you find that you need to let go with the rear hand to do the jump, you're probably not edging all the way through.