Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-16-2003, 12:14 PM Reply   
Obrien has a sneek peek of their 2004 products on the web site. It's basically a copy of their 2004 catalog, but it gives you the chance to see all the new stuff!! The Official 2004 site is still in the works, I will let you know when it's up, but until then check it out.

www.obrien.com

Later,
jjakober
Old     (cbv)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-16-2003, 12:29 PM Reply   
I saw the new boards at triple crown in Orlando and Darin was riding one of the Demented. The Demented designs are sweet looking to me, and the graphics were ok. The Cobe's look really good too.
Old    jeffthe_spot            10-21-2003, 6:30 AM Reply   
Wait until you ride the new demented series. Jonathon Nadolski and I ride with Darin and we are all riding this board and it is by far the best out there. This board has such a smooth edge and unreal pop off the wake. So make sure you try this new board out.

Jeff
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-21-2003, 7:54 AM Reply   
I rode the demented about a month ago and it is the best wakeboard I have ever ridden.

Here is a link to the review I did:

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/84389.html

Later,
jjakober
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-21-2003, 10:47 AM Reply   
everyone should buy that board since it's the best. I thought the Parks' was the best. What bindings do you guys ride?
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-21-2003, 11:28 AM Reply   
Thane,

Like I said: "It's the best board I have ever ridden." Thats my opinion and if you read my review you will see the reasons for it. Can't say anything about the Parks, I haven't ridden it.

I ride the IONS.

Later,
jjakober

(Message edited by jjakober on October 21, 2003)
Old    j_nads            10-27-2003, 4:19 PM Reply   
Hey wuts up guys the new demented is abosolutly incredible. I was fortunate enough to help darin design the new elebvated deck concept and all I can say is that it was a long process. The finished prototype was sent the the house, I'd say around the time of the Ivine pro tour, and as many people know darin was injured. When him and I arrived home, the board was waiting and needed to be tested, but darin was told by his doctor not to ride which sucked because it was important that we tested the board as soon as possible so the molds could be cut. So I was lucky enough to be one of the first people to ride the new demented 136, and I still have the first off board because darin gave it to me. I will have that board forever because it will revolutionize the wakeboarding world as we know it, and it all came down to me saying the board was ready for production. It feels really good to be able to make such a big decision and to have the world's best wakeboarder have that kind of faith in you. Aside from all of that, in case u were interested in the board production info, the way the board rides is amazing. It is advanced enough for a pro but gentle enough for a first timmer. I've had a number of people ride the board and have not had one complaint about it. If you do have more questions email me at JDNWAKEBOARDER@hotmail.com
To answer thane dogg, I ride the 2004 systems and they are super plush. I recommend that you give them a go.

Take it easy guys ~ Jonathan
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-27-2003, 4:32 PM Reply   
I personally have switched boards to this board. I have R & D'd boards for over 10 years and this is the best board I have ever ridden. Everbody I put on it wants to buy it on the spot. It pops amazing and has no swing weight. Anyody in Norcal that wants a try, let me know.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-28-2003, 7:51 AM Reply   
Sweet.
How are the landings Buffalow?
My Parks is sticky and has pretty soft landings along with explosive pop. I luv it, but I'm liking the looks of what O'brien has done in '04 and was thinking of giving it a go.
Jonathan, if you want to take a break from the camp and ride sometime and bring that stick by for a demo i'm in N.Orlando on a small lake (417 North). Performance is a hike just to demo.
Thanks guys.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-28-2003, 8:15 AM Reply   
The Demented lands really soft!! The bottom has a large spine under your feet. Here are some pics of the board, and a cad drawing of the bottom to give you an idea of whats going on under the board.

Later,
jjakober

cad
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-28-2003, 8:21 AM Reply   
That looks sweet, I can't wait to try it.
Old     (lugwrench)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-28-2003, 8:46 AM Reply   
Jonathan, are the 04 systems shorter than the 02's, from toe to heel I mean. I ride a pair of 02 Systems on an 03 Player 143 and I ride them all the way out. I love the support and feel of them but they are so long that the excess foot bed gets really close to the toeside edge. I noticed that obrien bindings just seemed longer than other brands and was wondering if this changed at all.
Old    j_nads            10-29-2003, 4:37 PM Reply   
Hey David shoot me an email at JDNWAKEBOARER@hotmail.com I would love to come out and ride with you so you can try the new board. Not only are the landings soft on the Demented, but the fins release and grip when you want them to. We had Darin's neighbor Sherry ride the Demented today and she was instant used to it and loved it, and that's what every person has been saying that has ridden it. Honestly, not bragging, that is the truth. It just seems like the parks board takes control of your riding, but like I always say, it's all preference.

Blain you are right the 04 systems are way shorter from toe to heel than the 02's and not only that but the inside of the binding is a lot more comfortable than the past years.
Old     (lugwrench)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-30-2003, 6:30 AM Reply   
Awesome thanx! I know what I'm buyin next season
Old    j_nads            10-31-2003, 7:18 PM Reply   
I want to ask you Blain what shoe size you are and what size your 02's are so I can tell you the correct size to get. Now that I think about your bindings may be a little big. I used to ride large bindings and I have a 10 1/2 shoe size and one day Darin told me to start wearing smaller bindings so I started riding mediums about mid season, and now I am actually riding the 04 systems size small on the widest setting tightened all of the way down. Sure I cannot ride a marathon set, but I have found that a tight binding improves foot support, plus you can control your riding more because your foot is not flopping around in the binding. It feels more like the board is better attached. Its not a big deal to rest your feet for a minute or two in the middle of your set to rest your feet, it actually gives you a chance to think about what you want to try or do next in your set. I do it all of the time and so does Darin.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-02-2003, 3:10 AM Reply   
any idea if obrien is going to have a demo crew going around - or setup any way to demo the board/bindings?
Old    j_nads            11-02-2003, 6:02 PM Reply   
I don't know Chris, but I will call Pete Surrette and see if I can hook somthing like that up.
Old     (lugwrench)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-03-2003, 8:33 AM Reply   
I have a size 11 shoe, and ride XL bindings, just went by the size chart. I was thinking about getting larges for my next pair, you really went down to smalls?
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-03-2003, 9:30 AM Reply   
Blain,

I agree with Jonathan, I like the control you get from having your foot securely linked to the board. I can ride for about 15 min before my feet start yelling at me. I have a size 10.5 foot and I ride large bindings adjusted down to medium size cranked down as tight as possible. I get large bindings because the foot bed on medium bindings would be to short for my foot.

Later,
jjakober
Old    j_nads            11-04-2003, 7:53 PM Reply   
My friend Jeff Solie has size 11 and he wears the medium Ions on the widest setting. So I would say either mediums or larges, but definately not xl's. They are way too big. Yea man I could not believe I am wearing smalls it is crazy, but it feels great.
Old    grizzle            11-05-2003, 6:44 AM Reply   
If anyone is looking to buy the new 2004 Cobe board, I have a brand new one for sale in the classifieds with pictures for best offer !
Old    grizzle            11-05-2003, 6:51 AM Reply   
Signature Series = Oasis =
not the Clutch, by the way !
Old    shaggydan22            11-05-2003, 9:02 AM Reply   
I have a pair of lg ions for sale!