Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Pawakeshred47)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-07-2013, 2:34 PM Reply   
i have a boat thats not really for wakeboarding its more of the all around family ski boat is there any way to make to back heavier to increase the size of the wake. thankyou
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-07-2013, 2:49 PM Reply   
Brian,
I would suggest adding a couple of bags either in the center of the boat or one in the bow and one in the stern. The goal is to displace the hull a little deeper in the water to increase the size and create a more solid wake. I have a little MasterCraft ProStar 190 that we wakeskate behind and I noticed a big difference with 600 to 900 lbs. of ballast. The wake might be small but it has good pop and the transitions are smooth.
Thanks,
Spencer
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-07-2013, 5:46 PM Reply   
Might want to Roy w rope lengths too to hemp the meatiest part. When I had a bayliner I switched over to a flex board cuz there is tons of stuff you can do without a big wake, slides and etc.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-10-2013, 5:45 AM Reply   
Brian,

Look into getting a Fat Sac. Depending on your boats layout, if you lay a couple hundred pound fat sac down the center of you boat with the majority of the sac cheated towards the back, it'll make a pretty big difference. you can play with it further from there.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-10-2013, 9:55 AM Reply   
What kind of boat?

Look into these....
http://www.barefootinternational.com/FATSACS.bifh

It all depends on how much space you have/ how much you are willing to give up for ballast.
Without knowing much about your boat, I would say a good starting point would be ~250# in each rear locker and a sack the will fit in the walkway of your bow that you can fine tune. Plumbing will all depend on how involved you want to get...
Old     (Wiatowski)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-10-2013, 10:38 AM Reply   
http://www.wakemakers.com/shop-for-wakeboard-ballast
click on step 1

this will help you to decide where it is best to add the weight.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-10-2013, 12:24 PM Reply   
If you are on a budget, then Aerial makes a cheap bag...but you get what you pay for. I have one of them and I only use it when I need additional weight.

http://www.aerialwakeboarding.com/v/...ccessories.asp

Last edited by dezul; 02-10-2013 at 12:29 PM. Reason: mispelled word
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-10-2013, 12:36 PM Reply   
Tom I just got two of the 350's for christmas. Whats the compaints so far? I just needed some bags to throw around the dog house
Old     (Pawakeshred47)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-21-2013, 1:03 PM Reply   
thanks guys and should i do anything with the trim of the boat may be and i have a 19ft v6 bayliner
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-21-2013, 7:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawakeshred47 View Post
thanks guys and should i do anything with the trim of the boat may be and i have a 19ft v6 bayliner
mess with it and see what you like