Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old    malibu73            12-07-2006, 10:23 AM Reply   
I have a 11.5 wide foot. I talk to liquid force and they tell me that the size i would need for the transits is an 11-12. So i just got them in the mail the other day and guess what... there two tight. Length wise there fine, it just hurts on the top and small toe sides of my feet. Would a larger size be overall bigger and more what i need? Would it still hold my foot in as good or should i try to just strech these out?
Old     (hyule)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-07-2006, 10:42 AM Reply   
Had the same problem with my 2005 transits. To my knowledge, LF makes a narrow and regular fit, perhaps you got the narrow. In any case, I just streched mine out. It took alot more streching than I orginally expected but heres what works, and I now know this through experience:

1. Fill a tub/bucket with warm to hot water.
2. Jam something in either end of the bindings (top/leg end and bottom/toe end). I suggest beer bottles, glass jam jars, etc.
3. Refill the tub with warm water when it cools.
4. Let it sit for at least 24 hours.
5. Be careful not to put something too big inside. You will have to work to get it in, but it shouldnt be impossible.
Old     (unclesam)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-07-2006, 11:01 AM Reply   
yeah, I stretched mine out a little the same way, they are much better now.
Old    malibu73            12-07-2006, 11:06 AM Reply   
I had the smae problem with my alphas, but they never got better so im worried the same will happen with these. I couldn't wear my alphas for more than 20 mins at a time. That was one of the main reasons i got these.
Old    malibu73            12-07-2006, 5:21 PM Reply   
any ideas?
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-07-2006, 6:15 PM Reply   
Wow, I didn't know the 2007's were out yet. LF needs to get on the ball and get me my shop order. Usually bindings break in after about 5 times out. I'm betting cold water isn't helping them much either. I would put them in a warm bath and put some in the binding where the stress area is (i have used a coke bottle before). This should stretch them a bit.

(Message edited by Jon A on December 07, 2006)
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-07-2006, 6:38 PM Reply   
Had the same problem with my '05 Transits size large. Never would stretch out. LF sent me some XL overlays and toe pieces. I put those on the large footbed and they are sweet. You might have to get the 12-13 overlay/toepiece and put it on your footbed.
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-07-2006, 8:16 PM Reply   
that is why you try b4 you buy
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-08-2006, 2:38 AM Reply   
We have one shop nearby. Their policy is no try, just buy. Tried a friends pair and they were awesome. Mine were a little smaller in the right foot.
Old    malibu73            12-08-2006, 6:51 AM Reply   
I have no shops around, thats why this is so difficult. If i do get a bigger size i have to order them form across the country and wait 5 days.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-08-2006, 6:59 AM Reply   
Chad, call LF and talk to one of the reps. They may just send you out some larger overlays/toepieces. Thats what they did for me. Explain your situation to them. That's what happens to us peeps that have wide ass monkey feet.
Old    malibu73            12-08-2006, 7:36 AM Reply   
Well I dont know if they can do that or not becasue these are put together like actual boots. There is no hardware on them. I would like to see if thet could put together a pair for me though. Thanks for the idea.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-08-2006, 8:17 AM Reply   
I just looked at a pic of the '07 and they do look like they are put together a little different. They will be able to let you know. Good luck. Cramps in the feet suck.