Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-31-2005, 8:44 PM Reply   
Today a buddy and I went to the Texas Ski Ranch to take a two hour lesson. This was one of the best wakeboarding experiences I have ever had. The best part about the day is that our instructor was Gabe Lucas. This guy is an very gifted instructor. I can not say enough good things about the guy. He was very patient with us and explained every aspect of the tricks we were working on. The thing I found most intriquing about Gabe is that he seriously loves teaching people to wakeboard. Everytime one of us would land a trick that he was instructing us on, he would stand up and yell "alright," or "right on," and you could tell that it was sincere. He was truly happy for us.

The day ended with Gabe giving us a free show. We got to sit in the X9 and watch him throw up some of the sickest moves in wakeboarding. The guy is truly amazing and I wish him the best of luck this year on tour.

If your ever looking to take a lesson at the ranch I would recommend you ask for Gabe, he is outstanding.

Mike
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-01-2005, 5:21 AM Reply   
Mike - Do you board near TSR? I live in NB and have been looking for a regular weekday ride.

If you got space, hit me up.

In case you didnt know about it, the local board is www.360wakeboard.com (out of austin)
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-01-2005, 6:33 AM Reply   
Chris,

Unfortunatly I don't live near Austin. I live up in San Angelo and ride on Lake Nasworthy. There are not a whole lot of good riders around my area and not too many people to show me the ropes. I am planning on taking a trip down to Austin in June for about a week to ride on the Pedrenales. I will hit you up and let you know the exact times I am going to be down that way.

Mike
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-01-2005, 11:04 AM Reply   
On the weekends I can normally get a ride. Im looking for somebody to ride during the week.. I work in S.A. and live 5 minutes from TSR.

But hit me up when you come down, Im always glad to meet new people to hang out with.

If you come down for lessons again, I just got done w/ some lessons with Billy Garcia on Lake Austin. He is Top Notch.